fz-09 stock exhaust on fj-09

trevinator

when i bought my bike, it already had a scorpion slip on installed. i have been wanting a stock exhaust to quiet it down a bit and give back some of the torque down low. i ordered a stock exhaust off of an fz-09 and just got it mounted up tonight. it bolted right up to the headers and the rear mounts perfectly! i just need to modify the outlet trim to fit with the center stand and it will be perfect. just wanted to let everyone know that the fz-09 exhaust will bolt up to the fj-09 with a bit of modification to the outlet trim piece. cant wait to ride it in the springtime now!

just cut the outlet trim and everything fits perfect. only two screws holding the trim piece on, but it feels plenty solid, and the center stand clears no problem. going to be SO much nicer to ride with the quieter exhaust note!

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, trevinator said:

when i bought my bike, it already had a scorpion slip on installed. i have been wanting a stock exhaust to quiet it down a bit and give back some of the torque down low.

I've had the Scorpion slip-on for several years, there is no loss of any low end torque.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***