Rack fitment across the models

Hi - Does any know if the Yamaha rack for the early models fits the 2020 model or did they change it? I looked for part numbers but struck out. I have been offered an early rack (arms and plate) but am not sure if it is compatible?

I believe it was fitted to a 2017 when I referred to ‘early’ so you have answered my question if the tail section changed in 2019 and I have a 2020 the 2017 rack probably isn’t compatible.

Thanks for your response 👍

• Supporting Member

I picked up a like new stock Yamaha 2015 - 2017 fj-09 rear rack part # 2PP-F48D0-V0-00. The two bolt holes that go under the side case mounts are 6 1/4" apart, if that helps?

Anyone have the install instructions for this rack?

2PP-F48D0-V0-00

• Supporting Member
20 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

I picked up a like new stock Yamaha 2015 - 2017 fj-09 rear rack part # 2PP-F48D0-V0-00. The two bolt holes that go under the side case mounts are 6 1/4" apart, if that helps?

2PP-F48D0-V0-00

I couldn't find any install instructions online but from looking at this photo they shouldn't be necessary.

2PP-F48D0-V0-00 REAR RACK

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
On 12/23/2021 at 1:32 AM, betoney said:

"I couldn't find any install instructions online but from looking at this photo they shouldn't be necessary".

I agree it should be pretty straight forward, however a couple of spacers were included and I'm not sure if they go to the base plate or the side rails till I attack the install.

Spacers.jpg

Edited by Heli ATP
OEM rack instructions added
  • Thumbsup 2

Thanks Heli and Betoney. The one I am looking at is different from the picture posted. The mounting from the arms is horizontal ,rather than vertical in Betoneys pic.

I have finally found a part number 2PP-FRLUG-XX for one I am looking at and B5CF48D00000 for the one I need, which interestingly is a one piece unit rather than separate arms with a mountable plate. Hopefully the part numbers will help someone else on this forum

David

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

2PP-F48D0-V0-00

No instructions, but here’s how that rack is mounted on my 2015 FJ.  Despite Yamaha’s stern warning to not use the rear rack and saddlebags together, I’ve done so without problems.   I’ll let you know if I spontaneously combust at some future point due to this ongoing safety violation…  

32CD139B-7B48-48E3-8FE4-CEDF1C2E72B4.thumb.jpeg.52b1305a67cd740ad1e890c089586057.jpeg

D416B91A-DDBB-4F62-9DD5-76932D87C671.thumb.jpeg.968e6d34a400bf1346177da11b41d883.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Here’s another outlaw confession:   I routinely exceed the recommended shift points in the factory manual!   😳

WOW, Exceptional! I wanna be like you...>:D

• Haha 2

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

On 1/16/2022 at 7:53 PM, texscottyd said:

Ok, one last insider pro tip:  The cheat code for fun is MODE=A TCS=OFF 

You can thank me later… 😀

Yes I've done that a time or 2. Chasing Clay, 1 of our best riders, I really have to watch the front wheel. It came up a bit on my ZRX1100 but this thing is wheelie prone to start off with. The GPS does help me to know which way the road goes over hills. That can make the hill tops much faster, and again, the front wheel is skyward, LOL! 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!