Where Is Everybody?

2and3cylinders

• Premium Member

Still in a turkey and ham induced coma, or playing with new presents?

I took the top case and IPAS of my FJ in anticipation of starting winter maintenance.  For the last few days I could possibly have rode, including after my prostate surgery on the 14th, I've completed exterior house items on SWMBO's Honey Do list.

Now my urologist said it will be 4 months before we know how my Button TURP  will go (literally), and I have my reservations due to pain and frequency but we still have not had white stuff measurably fall here!!!

I will not use the usual name for this type of precipitation knowing it will then immediately occur, as tomorrow the forecast is for 50F!!!

Consequently I may ready myself and the FJ, and venture out for one last reprieve to season's end. Which happily I've said before this year. 

BTW, the record for the lateness of said white stuff fell in this locale 6 days ago!

• Supporting Member

Recovering from a great week spent with our visiting daughter and son-in-law.  We had non-stop fun, food and activities and of course a few (read too many) cleansing ales, wines and spirits.

This morning before they flew back to their home out of state, they were treated to a visitor who arrived in the early hours of the morning and has set him/herself up on our deck near the wild bird feeder.  He/she is locked and loaded and patiently waiting... 😧

For those that may be interested it is a Carpet Python and is non-venomous.

image.thumb.png.3a1e44cc7ee13f6e7c544ba6129a2534.png

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

treated to a visitor who arrived in the early hours

...I might be the minority on this, but I think that is a stunning creature.

• Thumbsup 3

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

10 hours ago, whisperquiet said:

I’ve been riding daily at the other end of the great state of Illinois as it is unseasonably  warm for this time of the year.  I am hoping for another minimal snow winter👍  

I now know you are delusional.....

😃

(Grew up in central Illinois)

See ya 

bill

• Thumbsup 3

Been nice here in NW Louisiana and East Texas. Did 358 miles yesterday and it didn't even seem like it. Went to a new eatery called Kitt's Cornbread Sandwich and Pie Bar. http://kittskornbread.com/   Had the cornbread Club w/broccoli salad and chips. I start to say to him, Love that set of triple digit curves...he stops me in mid sentence and says. Yeah we'll call that spirited riding, what do ya say. So yeah, we had a great day of spirited riding. Rode on Friday, Christmas eve and it looks like I'll ride again today since the wind is again kicking up so leaf raking is out of the question. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and got their bike everything it wanted, LOL!

IMG_4403[1].JPG

IMG_4400[1].JPG

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Premium Member

Visiting in-laws and parents. 

I did get to visit the Revzilla showroom in Philly yesterday. They had fantastic customer service in person. It was nice to try on different sizes and brands. It was smaller than I expected.

I had gone to the store hoping to pick up a pair of Held Monacos and left with a pair of RevIt Sand 4 H2Os that accomplish the same thing (unlined waterproof gloves). My wife found a Spidi jacket on closeout much nicer than the 20 year old Tourmaster she's been using.  She even thanked me for the 2nd Christmas gift. I got brownie points at home for going to a moto shop! :)

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

@tktplz- Very nice!   It’s been great here along the coast, and it looks like tomorrow will be my day to get out for a long ride.   I’m thinking your 350 mile range sounds about right… probably heading north and west of Houston up into the Sam Houston National Forest.   

This is shaping up as a good week to be on vacation.  😀

A9CAD39C-17E6-4369-85D8-FB2AD1B90F01.thumb.jpeg.541be3612b50e34bd3e615bea63e8c6d.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Recovering from a great week spent with our visiting daughter and son-in-law.  We had non-stop fun, food and activities and of course a few (read too many) cleansing ales, wines and spirits.

This morning before they flew back to their home out of state, they were treated to a visitor who arrived in the early hours of the morning and has set him/herself up on our deck near the wild bird feeder.  He/she is locked and loaded and paitiently waiting... 😧

For those that may be interested it is a Carpet Python and is non-venemous.

image.thumb.png.3a1e44cc7ee13f6e7c544ba6129a2534.png

Love to get down under but like Indiana Jones, I HATE snakes!  Plus you have all forms of critters big (Roos) and small (spidys) that instinctively will kill you.

I'll take our deer, moose, elk, bison, bears, cows, farm equipment and cagers begrudgingly I guess...  LOL

I can't believe New Years Eve is Friday.

Where did the year go?  So unfortunate there is so very little to show for it except so much pain, suffering and death.

The week between X-Mas and New Years is just so weird.

To next year!

Though I'm afraid this pandemic is going to hang around another year... 🙂

At least I got a ride in the day before my last surgery.  The following week they shut down all but emergency surgeries and banned family visitors so I got very lucky.  Come February I hope to be in shape to get my shoulder fixed.  If they let me...

I may take a bit of a ride today, one day short of 3 weeks since.  If the roads dry up...supposed to get up close to 50!

While we've had cold, still no sn-w but that appears may change tomorrow.  We had thunder and lightning when it poured last night.  On December 27th!

Hope to get out to San Diego to visit my daughter this winter and rent a nice bike.  I miss SoCal...

20211214_101444.jpg

20211219_170048.jpg

20211213_162842.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

Uh, no, for me, 1 T is sufficient, 2 Ts are redundant!

I  don't understand the use of double letters at the end of names / words; i.e., Rhett, Brett, Glenn, etc...

The duplicate letter is ineffectual and just wastes ink and character space...

Thanks anyway. 

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Uh, no, for me, 1 T is sufficient, 2 Ts are redundant!

All good, Bret… we’ve joked about this one before.   

When people ask how to spell my name, I reply with ‘two Ts, but the P is silent’ 😉

-Scott 

• Haha 1