I need a new tyre/tire puncture repair kit.

• Supporting Member
On 1/4/2022 at 11:19 PM, roy826 said:

That looks like a nice compact unit with all the bits you could need in one neat bundle.  I like it. 👍

On 12/30/2021 at 1:34 AM, dazzler24 said:

If three wise men say that the Dynaplug system is the way to go then I'm in.

Ordered the Aluminium Pro kit a few minutes ago (thanks for the 'metal' tip @roadrash83)

I do like the fact that the Dynaplug system is so compact, light and simple in operation.  Yes, you do pay more for it but hey, I guess money was made round to go round after all. 🙂

Thanks guys for your input and suggestions. 👍

Yeah, that definitely works for me, too.  Pretty highly recommended, and I'm a big fan of simple.  I was just looking into setting up a kit. I've never carried a puncture kit (not actually ever needed one) but I figure "I've never needed one" really doesn't make a good reasoning to not have one, and had come here today specifically to ask what people where using.  Convenient.

On 12/30/2021 at 8:11 AM, betoney said:

Years ago I bought a 'tire repair kit' that included C02 cartridges, I looked at the size of the tire and then the size of the cartridge and decided it would probably be a futile effort and would end up having to use a dozen or more to make a difference. - I cant say for sure though, I never tried them.  I will stick with the mini compressor.

I've always kinda wondered this about the cartidges.  I've used the standard rope plugs lots of times on cars, and more than once I've installed them, added air, only to find it still leaks then I need to add another/there's another hole.  If you just carried cartridges, that would definitely suck - plug, inflate, oh, crap, still leaks, can't inflate anymore.   Mini compressors aren't really any bigger than a fistful of cartidges, and if I don't have +12v available on the bike, air pressure is the least of my worries. 

On 12/30/2021 at 11:30 AM, 2and3cylinders said:

B-Man, I've used the Co2 filler, a rear tIre takes about 8 to 10 12 gram cartridges to get over 36 psi; enough pressure to get you to a gas station air hose.

Ooof, even 8 is a pretty big volume.

On 1/3/2022 at 11:53 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

You can add either an SAE or Coaxial power plug connected direct to the battery via 10 or even 15 amp fuse (based on wire gauge and also used to power electric heated clothes, connect a battery tender, etc), and buy or make your own SAE or Coaxial adapter with a cigarette lighter power socket to plug the air pump into...

SAE plugs on every bike, with 15A fuses, always.  I haven't had to install one in years, though, every dealership I've been to installs them on all their bikes on assembly. 

• Like 1

• Supporting Member

Got the final piece to the repair kit puzzle today. The Dynaplug Pro kit.

Again, I was pleasantly surprised by the compact size and quality of the product.

It fits neatly in with my mini compressor bag so all bits needed for a roadside puncture repair are now in a zippered bag that fits in the palm of my hand.

The blue box shown below was going to be my repair kit but on advice - which I'm glad I took - the Dynaplug kit replaced all that and crammed it into the little aluminium and stainless kit shown next to the compressor.

Thumbs up all round.  Thanks to all those that steered me down the right path. 👍

Dynaplug.thumb.jpg.4dd4f37335a02bf3e3b3f037be687618.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member

On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again
And I can't wait to get on the road again

Just wish I knew when that'll be again

Gotta be after Covid finally melts away

So I can fly to somewhere warm to play

Or after springtime sunny days are here to stay 

And after my other shoulder fix is good

Then I know all will be as it should

And we'll all be on the road again

Willie I'm not but prolly ride better and a lot more... but he's no kid and one of my favs!

https://stillisstillmoving.com/willienelson/willie-nelson-in-easyriders-december-1979-3/#:~:text=Easy Rider%3A You used to ride a motorcycle%2C,later on in life%2C after I was grown.