Lowering Links Feedback

New to the Forum and happy to be here!  I have a '19 900 GT and I am considering installing the Yamaha lowering links (2pp-F538P-00-00) and also raising the forks.  The Yamaha (Canada) website description for the links is a wee bit, um, meaningless -- if you want to know the change in seat height.

• 15mm lower rear suspension setting than the original

Huh?  Is this also the change in seat height ?  I suspect not; there's probably a multiplier in there.

So, what is the change in seat height?  Any other tips from Forum members?

Thanks!

Have never used lowering links but when they say 15mm lowering of rear suspension I would expect to drop the triple clamps 15 to 20 mm to keep geometry the same.  Given that it would be a 15mm seat height lowering.  

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, Alberta Deryl said:

New to the Forum and happy to be here! 

Another Albertan :)

Welcome!

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

8 hours ago, Alberta Deryl said:

New to the Forum and happy to be here!  I have a '19 900 GT and I am considering installing the Yamaha lowering links (2pp-F538P-00-00) and also raising the forks.  The Yamaha (Canada) website description for the links is a wee bit, um, meaningless -- if you want to know the change in seat height.

• 15mm lower rear suspension setting than the original

Huh?  Is this also the change in seat height ?  I suspect not; there's probably a multiplier in there.

So, what is the change in seat height?  Any other tips from Forum members?

Thanks!

I replaced the Yam lowering links with the standard ones. I meant to measure seat height before and after but forgot. But seat-of-the-pants tells me it's not a big change, maybe 15mm is about right. It does impact ground clearance, so I wouldn't recommend the lower links if you're heavy\carry a passenger\tour with heavy luggage...

• Supporting Member

I went with the T-Rex lowering links for my FJ-09.    1.5" advertised got the seat about an inch lower. I also bought their adjustable kickstand but ended up getting the stock side-stand shortened by 1". 

LL's helped with reaching the ground but took a few rides to get used to the lower ground clearance. Added a skid plate to protect the sump and all is well, but I am not an aggressive rider so YMMV.

T-Rex accessories