Just purchased a FJ-09 2015 with 21k miles, and no passenger pegs or luggage racks

Hello! I am new to the community, and I just traded in my 2021 iron 883 sportster for my brand new fj-09 it unfortunately came with no passenger pegs, no hand guards, no taillight, no luggage racks to put luggage on. I am looking for black or red passenger pegs, and couldn't find any that would for sure fit my bike, as well I need link to purchase the racks if you guys can find it. I am going for a very comfortable set up for my passenger. Thank you guys for any help that can be offered. 

I don't have specifics on what you need, but just wanted to say welcome, and hope your new bike fits your riding needs! 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

• Supporting Member

Congratulations on losing the boat anchor,🙂 your going to love the FJ. Lots of choices on the parts your looking for, I would look at eBay if you want used. 

He who dies with the most toys wins.

I have a set of 2015 light duty Givi racks.  All parts are in great shape.  I used these to keep a set of soft bags secure but they are made for Givi semi-rigid bags.  PM me if you're interested in these lighter duty racks.  I updated to the quick-disconnect racks for the heavier hard bags.  

Rack with Parts2.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

4 hours ago, peteinpa said:

Welcome, and I'll add check your valves right now. Ignore the manual on this one.

Check my valves? Yeah is there anything I should look out for ? Check? I want to put 60k miles more on this thing, and make it mine. The left turn signal just fell off of it unfortunately, and now I am scowering the internet how I could possibly install it myself. It sucks there's no clear answers with confusions comes anger I hate this feeling. I am going to purchase passenger bracket, and footpegs as OEM ones from Yamaha were more expensive than http://www.pjschurchofspeed.com/products/rizoma-passenger-peg-brackets-for-fz-10/ there cheaper. Cant believe the last person took them off for looks. The luggage racks have stubs, but I think there is something that goes on the stubs than luggage hooks to as well as there is a plug like an ac or something there under the passenger seat I am curious what that is for. I am so thankful there is a huge forum and so much to look through that the information has to be out there somewhere. 

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, S7VN said:

Check my valves? Yeah is there anything I should look out for ? Check? I want to put 60k miles more on this thing, and make it mine. The left turn signal just fell off of it unfortunately, and now I am scowering the internet how I could possibly install it myself. It sucks there's no clear answers with confusions comes anger I hate this feeling. I am going to purchase passenger bracket, and footpegs as OEM ones from Yamaha were more expensive than http://www.pjschurchofspeed.com/products/rizoma-passenger-peg-brackets-for-fz-10/ there cheaper. Cant believe the last person took them off for looks. The luggage racks have stubs, but I think there is something that goes on the stubs than luggage hooks to as well as there is a plug like an ac or something there under the passenger seat I am curious what that is for. I am so thankful there is a huge forum and so much to look through that the information has to be out there somewhere. 

You have a few options for luggage.  Before you buy all of the oem Yamaha mounts and overspend for the smaller capacity Yamaha bags, look at the Shad SH36 mount and bags.  The mount and bags are about $700 and the bags are 36 liter capacity each. 

Any side bag system you chose will require the passenger footpeg mount but aftermarket systems do not need the Yamaha oem side mount or additional foot peg mount bracket kit or accessory key set. 

https://www.shadusa.com/collections/fj-09

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Congratulations on your new bike and welcome to the forum.  There are lots of options for bags.  Something to be aware of is there is a weight limit with the OEM suspension (rear shock/spring) that makes it a bit more of a challenge to carry a pillion and big sidecases. Before I bought my 2020 Tracer GT I contemplated a 2020 Tracer and adding sidecases.  Since you do not have mounts it is about the same to go OEM or third party for sidecases.  Givi makes a couple 33 liter sidecases that I liked.  Depending on what you are carrying soft bags are not out of the question either.

Turn signal, when you say it fell off was it front or rear?  As I recall the front are held on with nuts and the rear with  a clip.  The nut or clip may have simple come off and it might be easy to re-mount the turn signal.  I changed mine out to LEDs from Amazon.  They work nicely and give me white lights in the front when a turn signal is not active and brake lights in the rear.  I wish they were brighter but they do OK and look nice.

On 1/14/2022 at 4:38 PM, PhotoAl said:

Congratulations on your new bike and welcome to the forum.  There are lots of options for bags.  Something to be aware of is there is a weight limit with the OEM suspension (rear shock/spring) that makes it a bit more of a challenge to carry a pillion and big sidecases. Before I bought my 2020 Tracer GT I contemplated a 2020 Tracer and adding sidecases.  Since you do not have mounts it is about the same to go OEM or third party for sidecases.  Givi makes a couple 33 liter sidecases that I liked.  Depending on what you are carrying soft bags are not out of the question either.

Turn signal, when you say it fell off was it front or rear?  As I recall the front are held on with nuts and the rear with  a clip.  The nut or clip may have simple come off and it might be easy to re-mount the turn signal.  I changed mine out to LEDs from Amazon.  They work nicely and give me white lights in the front when a turn signal is not active and brake lights in the rear.  I wish they were brighter but they do OK and look nice.

Thank you so much so I am thinking I actually do have the mounts on the back side I will need to get a picture for you. I am looking to carry 2 small duffels for a weekend trip. It is the front left light, and it would make since if a nut is supposed to be on the other end I will have to check

On 1/14/2022 at 4:38 PM, PhotoAl said:

How did you install the Lights? I have seen many videos online, but it looked kind of plug + play is that true? Will I need to remove the whole front body panel?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2022 at 9:49 AM, S7VN said:

Check my valves? Yeah is there anything I should look out for ? Check?  

It would be a good idea to check your valves' clearance now.  Reason being, if the previous owner was a hard rider, the valves may need looking at and adjusting a little earlier than the maintenance schedule calls (26,600 miles).  

This is a long interval compared to most engines.  Yamaha makes their engines very well, but sometimes during assembly they are not set up precisely.  If a valve left the factory a little close to the tight side AND the engine was ridden hard, you could have a situation now that needs attention.