Motorcycle ballisitics protection

1moreroad

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

It just confirms I would never want to be a cop let alone a motorcycle cop or or fireman for that matter! 

I want to be a motorcycle fireman. I've followed one bike tour on the moto. I've got a new jump bag, and I think I could respond to calls on the bike. How fun would that be?

On 1/19/2022 at 12:46 PM, 1moreroad said:

I want to be a motorcycle fireman. I've followed one bike tour on the moto. I've got a new jump bag, and I think I could respond to calls on the bike. How fun would that be?

Scene:

5:34pm: 1moreroad receives instruction from dispatch to respond to an structure fire in a retirement community. Advised multiple cats on location. 
5:35pm: 1moreroad fires up his non-approved red strobe and siren, and proceeds to filter through rush hour traffic like it’s not even there.  Still stops at red lights, because blowing those would he STUPID. 
5:41pm: 1moreroad arrives on scene, notes smoke coming from under eaves. Multiple cats heard crying. 

5:42pm: Upon retrieving hatchet (size constraints) from top case, 1moreroad attacks the door

6:00pm: door is breached

6:01pm: 1moreroad retrieves water bottle (size constraints) from top case and pours it on the nearest burning object, which appears to have been a 5000 piece mystery jigsaw puzzle. 
6:03pm: search for survivors begins. 
6:06pm: 1moreroad bursts from the burning structure, Ms. Matilda Fudderwumpkin over one shoulder and protesting loudly, 4 cats tucked under the other arm, also protesting loudly.

6:07pm: 1moreroad notices that his mandatory fireman’s mustache has been singed off, and one cat is not protesting loudly: checks for breathing and heartbeat. 
6:08pm: 1moreroad grabs what appears to be a tiny oxygen cylinder (space constraints) and begins performing CPR on the unconscious cat.

6:10pm: Cat has resumed breathing. 1moreroad attempts to apply oxygen. Cat freezes solid. Tire patch kit CO2 cylinder is depleted. 
6:11pm: Additional firecrew arrives on site. 
6:12pm: Questions are asked. Many questions. 

In all seriousness though, it would probably be an awesome job 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• Premium Member

@angrygirafe - my wife and I are laughing so hard, we're in tears.  We have 2 rescue cats.  You really made my day.  Thank you.

So I meant a new medical jump bag. :) But we can respond POV.  True story - I was out on a fun moto ride many years ago near home, and I ended up following Engine 5 as they responded to a call (cancelled en route). I figured I could at least help stage lines and tools if I arrived without gear.

• Thumbsup 1