Yamaha comfort seat vs Bagster Ready seat

Hello all, I'm fairly new to the site and got some good info on the seat mod for my 2019 Tracer 900.

I bought one and it worked well on my stock seat, Thanks to all!

I'm ready to upgrade the stock seat and have seen some posts about that.

I would like to hear opinions on the Bagster Ready vs Yamaha comfort seat.

Also on the Yamaha comfort, is it taller than the stock seat and will it work with (or need) the seat mod kit?

I am close to my limit on height with the seat mod and stock seat on low setting.

Thanks once again, Dave

Thank you Heli ATP, being a newbie to the site, and probably an idiot too, I can't find the listing area in the site. Got a Corbin on another bike and know they are great, so I would really be interested in looking at it.

Thanks much Dave

• Supporting Member
39 minutes ago, Davetburrow said:

I can't find the listing area in the site - so I would really be interested in looking at it.

Thanks much Dave

You are welcome. Hit 'BROWSE' on the top of the page under the site heading and scroll down to classifieds.

or click here

Edited by Heli ATP
  • Thumbsup 1

I didn't check where you are but look at Terry's Custom Seats. Excellent reputation, centrally located in Manchester, TN.  Last year he quit taking orders because he had more work than he could complete in reasonable time. A personal issue affected that also. Worth checking out. For me, Corbin was awful. Must have been my wonky arse. Good luck

I have the same bike as you and bought it with the comfort seat installed. I'm guessing the anatomy of the rider is also at play because some people say that it's only marginally better while I have absolutely zero complaints about it. I'm always on the lookout for another mod but I don't slide forward on the seat so it wouldn't make sense to try it.

I've never tried a Corbin so I can't compare. It could be that I don't know what I'm missing but coming from cheap plastic Kawa seats, this one is indeed very comfortable. YMMV

• Supporting Member
On 1/19/2022 at 9:58 AM, Davetburrow said:

I'm ready to upgrade the stock seat and have seen some posts about that.

Have you considered a custom built seat vs an off-the-shelf aftermarket seat?  Measured, fitted and built specifically for your dimensions, like a tailored suit.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 3 weeks later...

I wasted a year debating spending the money on a Standard Bagster.

Just do it, by the second time out on it you will wonder why all seats are not made like that .

Ref height it is def not lower than the std Yamaha seat but is probably only very slightly taller and I don't mean 10mm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I’ve just adopted the Bagster, still have the Yamaha comfort seat and and have a sc comfort seat awaiting install….I’ve been busy. I like the Bagster better for soft surfaces, but you do need the seat lift mod. Hopefully I’ll get the SC one done in spring and try it out.

D10A1D10-2A2E-48E2-B440-97A085D3013F.jpeg