Helmet Kit preference for Niken non GT and GT

maximNikenGT

• Supporting Member

Just curious, what is everyone preferring as their go to helmet for local riding vs long distance 80+ miles round trip on a Niken (non GT/GT)?

I'm generally running a Schuberth C3 Pro  with  SRC Bluetooth communicator for longer distance rides because of the higher safety of a full face, better noise insulation and warmth (if colder than 65 degrees F/ 18 degrees C) and built in sun visor to be able to better accommodate lower light conditions (dusk/dawn). 

For shorter distances, warmer temps and majority daylight runs I'm running an Arai XC with tinted shield for better cooling and airflow, and a Cardo Talk pack 4. 

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• 3 months later...
  • Supporting Member

I just picked up a Shoei Neotic 2 in blue. Not an exact color match to GT but close. Found a seller on ebay called extremesupplystore . If you watch an item from them, they will offer a discount soon after. Neotic 2 listed for $750 but they offered a $90 discount after I put it in my ebay watch box. So $660 + tax + free shipping came to $699. Brand new with full warranty too.

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

I just picked up a Shoei Neotic 2 in blue. Not an exact color match to GT but close. Found a seller on ebay called extremesupplystore . If you watch an item from them, they will offer a discount soon after. Neotic 2 listed for $750 but they offered a $90 discount after I put it in my ebay watch box. So $660 + tax + free shipping came to $699.

I was wondering how close the color match the GT was to the Shoei blue. I'm seriously considering getting a Shoei AJ Cruise II in the blue if the color match is good. 

J-CruiseII_MatteBlue_front.png

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Member

I would say the color is really close but the texture is different. The Niken is a dull flat matte, whereas the Shoei has a slight sheen. The difference is almost noticeable when the two are side by side, but when on your head not so much. In my experience no one is looking at my helmet when I ride, their focus is on the front forks. 😁

GT Shoei.jpg

GT Shoei 1.jpg

• Thumbsup 1