First Yamaha!

• Supporting Member

Sounds like we got the same deal!  I also found a red '15 with ~11,500 km's a few years back.  So, yours is just broken in :)

You won't be disappointed - these things are easy to ride (as in agile, but light, too), yet offer tremendous power when you want it.

Welcome to the forum!

• Thumbsup 4

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

I don't understand how can people sell these bikes with such low usage. I just test rode the bike and it feels brand new. The throttle response is super smooth so I'm assuming that the previous owner the an ECU flash and everything. 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

Nice man, just found myself a 15' in Red with 12,550km on it! Winter is killing me but every day above freezing is a riding opportunity. Love B mode for romping around on slick and cold days. Definitely grab a nice set of tires!

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Welcome aboard. I got my red 2015 (18000km) couple of months ago. She also came with luggage (FJR panniers). Because of the winter (and broken hand) never had a chance to ride it yet but had enough time to transfer all farkles I’ve had on my ex 2017 FJ09. She is almost ready to go. 

• Thumbsup 1

Awesome responses, glad to know I'm not the only one enjoying so much this "old" bike. This bike looks so much better in person than in pictures!

So I did some test riding for about 50km so far. I love how nimble it feels, the engine sound is so raw even with the stock pipe. It vibrates and shakes more than I thought though, and the idle rattle is a bit worrying even though some threads here point out that it's normal.

I did a 6th gear pull vs my dad's Tiger 1050 and he flew past me at low revs, but then the FJ catched up nicely.

I saw some threads here about people doing more than 200,000 miles on these bikes!!! amazing

• Thumbsup 3

2 hours ago, santiagomo87 said:

Awesome responses, glad to know I'm not the only one enjoying so much this "old" bike. This bike looks so much better in person than in pictures!

So I did some test riding for about 50km so far. I love how nimble it feels, the engine sound is so raw even with the stock pipe. It vibrates and shakes more than I thought though, and the idle rattle is a bit worrying even though some threads here point out that it's normal.

I did a 6th gear pull vs my dad's Tiger 1050 and he flew past me at low revs, but then the FJ catched up nicely.

I saw some threads here about people doing more than 200,000 miles on these bikes!!! amazing

yeah the idle rattle is pretty normal, albeit jarring. mine shakes a ton when it's cold out

• Thumbsup 3

Yes! The idle rattle is horrible but it does fade when the bike is warm! Im going to do the slipper clutch eventually though, and it does vibrate quite a bit but you forget about it after a few rides lol Glad your enjoying it!

• Thumbsup 2

• 2 weeks later...

So last May ('21) I purchased a 2015 FJ09 w/2 miles on it.  Did the break in, oil changes when it said too, and rode it for over 4000 miles before winter set in.  Didn't know about the limiter but just recently found out.  I hate to beat a dead horse, but do you recommend the flash, what brand, and is there better fuel economy once flashed.  Again, sorry to bring up old topics.  

I sat on and looked closely at the Triumph Sport 660 and liked the bike but you made the correct decision.  The Sport 660 is about the same weight but significantly down on power.  I like the 660 and it is a very nice package.  Still love my Tracer 900 GT after a year and 18,000 miles.  

• Thumbsup 1