Escape to the country.

dazzler24

• Supporting Member

Managed to break the shackles and get out for a 200km ride today after rain and more rain and strong winds finally abated.

Weather was supurb with mid to high 20s (C that is) being the order of the day, school kids finally returned to school after a loooong covid induced break so everything quiet on the roads.  Perfect!

Stopped at the Mary River for a look at what all that rain had done.  Where I'm parked in the pic below was several metres under water not that long ago.

20220208_103804.thumb.jpg.215f7d2dc3d5d068ed4a52a94483f5c4.jpg

The trees next to where I'd parked with all the debris stuck in them.

20220208_103904.thumb.jpg.b0790fdeab7e96554d14481906195189.jpg

Decided to change out my Givi screen for my little sporty Puig after returning as I was getting a bit of turbulance with the Givi and as the weather is so good, some clean air on my SHOEI will be the ticket.

20220208_144154.thumb.jpg.c28929d866cf0b2b83511d7b6e88002b.jpg

I've lined up a friend who's on holidays ATM for another ride out tomorrow before the weather returns to rain on the weekend as forecast.

He rides a HD but I'll forgive him for that as he happens to be an officer of the law and can set the pace 😉

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 4

• Supporting Member

I shouldn't tell you this but it's another glorious day here so I'm off for another adventure while it is good.

You can live vicariously in the meantime while waiting for the weather to turn. 🙂

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

Just returned from another ~200km round trip in the hinterland and hills with my HD rider mate.  Great weather, good company and open roads.

So good in fact that we're planning on another adventure next week exploring a different area.

A break, coffee and lunch at Kenilworth followed a couple of hours later with beers at Rick's Garage in Palmwoods to finish the ride.  While we watered ourselves, we stabled our bikes with a beautifully restored old BSA, an early Suzuki 750 water cooled (also beautifully maintained) and a much later Ducati and Moto Guzzi.  Mine was the only (modern) Japanese bike there.  It is a well known hangout for all sorts of old and new machines and can be very interesting and varied on any given day.  Hot rods and classic cars included.

20220209_114427.thumb.jpg.65bc4ee09942be66de228a63c3f4f02c.jpg

20220209_133837.thumb.jpg.ce0cdeff74f0be0229655dbee6a9c155.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

• Supporting Member

@2and3cylinders- Hey I did say mid to high 20s (77-84F)!  But yes, still very cool for this time of the year.  Got some cooling winds (Southerlies) bringing cool air up from the Antarctic so it's - ride time.  I can feel the hatred. 🤣

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Member

Went for a 300Km + escape in the countryside today while the weather is brilliant and before the rains are back.  Rain is forecast for the next week or so.😧

This cute little guy was playing with fire trying to cross the road.  Thankfully he waited until the two of us passed and he then scurried to safety and food up a Eucalyptus tree that he had his eye on.

Koala.thumb.jpg.b716754c92aa9a2254f6e2e7e7d81750.jpg

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I'm glad you're getting the miles in!

I'm not much feeling like riding anyway as it's been tough before and still now 3 weeks today since my surgery.  Sleeping and even lying down is the most painful with a shoulder but I can't sleep on my feet or take opiods.  Ibuprofen and acetaminophen is it.

I've been walking but it's been cold and wet here with even some snow.

However, next week they're talking 60s, so then the pain really begins!

At least MotoGP & WSB will be a distraction and I can live vicariously.

It always could be worse! 

Cheers mate!  

20220327_121351.jpg

20220325_212619.jpg

• Supporting Member

You've been poked and prodded from both ends it seems Bret!  You'll be a new man by the time all of your 'repair' work is done.

Then it will be back in the saddle before you know it and I dare say with a new appreciation for being able to do so.

As you say - It could be worse...a lot worse!

Get well mate. 🙂