FJ-09 flash is ready! *Updated*

From Nels at 2wheeldynoworks:

I am making a special deal for the first three local guys to come down to the shop. Once the ECU is flashed, it will be open for future adjustments. So, if you pay for the flash will will complete a full custom dyno for free with you in the dyno room and part of the entire process. We have complete control of the ECU. Here is a list of functions we reprogram

1. Full custom throttle maps. We learned so much from the FZ09 that we are transferring all of that experience into the FJ09 to be smooth as butter.
2. We have full Custom fuel map for all exhaust systems on the market. We tune the manifold pressure maps and throttle position maps to make the bike efficient, powerful and safe. All of our tuning starts on the dyno and moves to the street and track for real time testing. You will NEVER need a power commander or other fuel controller.
3. Improved and smoothed timing maps for a connected riding experience.
4. Electronically remove fuel cut on decel.
5. Removed top speed limiter!
6. Quick shifter enabled on the stock ECU (requires sensor and harness).
7. Revised fan temp control for cooler hot weather performance.
8. For off road use only we can completely remove the 02 sensor if needed.
9. AIS is electronically closed so no block off plates are needed and this will eliminate the popping sound on decel after upgrading exhaust.

We are now offering a one time charge of $349 which includes free return shipping for Forum members in the USA, and for the reflash and FREE future changes. If you want to flash your ECU now with stock exhaust and then change your exhaust in the future, you only pay the shipping for the ECU update!
Turn around time is same day. We recommend the USPS $5.95 flat rate box. It will get your ECU to us from anywhere in the USA in 2 days.

Please ship ECU to:
2 Wheel DynoWorks
13631 NE 126th Pl
Suite 420
Kirkland, WA 98034

Read more: http://fj-09.org/conversation/12185?page=1#ixzz4WqNgK2e2You can paypal 2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com or we can call you for a credit card number when the ECU arrives. Please include Full contact information, return shipping info, make and model of bike with mods list.

Thanks!

Nels 425-269-5332

QUOTE FROM FIRST FJ-09 CUSTOMER

That is my bike on the dyno. Just got home and dayum!! The change is amazing. Nels played with a few things, but the map he had for the 2015 fz09 was pretty dead on. We got 107hp at the rear wheel and about 61lbs/ft. I left in a hurty and forgot the dyno sheet, but i'm sure they will post it. We took a lot of pictures for a "how to" write up on getting to the ECU. Also did a max speed run, made it to 160mph in 6th gear when we hit the rev limiter. The biggest thing you notice after tuning is the low to mid range smoothness. I rode the 20 miles home without using the clutch at all to shift up or down. This tune is MANDARORY for all FJ09s. Even with no mods like my bike, the flash makes it feel completely reborn 
~ tybung, 49 minutes ago

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's great news I'm in for sure ! .....Anyone removes their ECU could you please take some pics for those not so mechanically inclined people. (I have no idea where its located at)
2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

I'm happy that there is now a flash available, but it would be nice to see a list of exactly what's changed, and what affects it has on the bike.

For instance, I have read that the stock ECU flash limits power in the top 3 gears.  If true, how much additional power is available, post flash?

What is the top speed of a stock US-spec FJ-09, sans limiter? (would the dyno give a ballpark on this? Is there a wind resistance algorithm or something similar?)

Is the stock map very lean at low RPM's for emissions reduction?  Does the flash change this?  Does this result in a less snatchy throttle in A mode at lower rpm's?

Will the flash allow the bike to default to A mode (instead of standard, as OEM does?

For those who desire it (probably not me), will the flash allow a default to TC off, instead of defaulted to on?

Lastly, why was this flash created with the help of FlashTune?  Is that common?  If not, why ws that done on this bike?

I know this is a long list of q's, but I'm sure other members will be curious about this as well.  Especially for $350.

As directed above, please contact 2wheeldynoworks with questions.

You can ask the FZ-09 owners and they/I will tell you that the difference is dramatic and the best bang for buck performance upgrade that you can get.

Flashtune is the software that is used, they have the modules and pieces that all USA tuners use.

The options are very broad so please email/call 2wheeldydnoworks for exact details as I am just a Forum owner.

And yes, thats alot of phucking questions. :)

Damn you Cruzin. Why didn't you post this earlier. I knew I should have emailed Nels again. I had the tank off today and the ECU in my hand. I'd have shipped it today had I known this. Looks like I'm taking it apart again and shipping Monday. My wife will be thrilled when she comes home to 2 motorcycles in pieces scattered all over the garage LOL

Fantastic! I'm in. Now to find that ecu and get it out.

For all those wondering - ECU Is located under the tank, rh side of the air box.

It is MUCH easier to remove the ECU after disconnecting the 2 harness connectors.

HTH someone.
-skip

Damn you Cruzin. Why didn't you post this earlier. I knew I should have emailed Nels again. I had the tank off today and the ECU in my hand. I'd have shipped it today had I known this. Looks like I'm taking it apart again and shipping Monday. My wife will be thrilled when she comes home to 2 motorcycles in pieces scattered all over the garage LOL

It wasn't actually official until 3PM and Nels called me very excited! The FZ-09 fueling is the same, just with a few added parameters to adjust. So, all the Exhaust tunes that Nels had created for the FZ-09 are easily adjusted for the FJ-09.

FYI, Nels is about the top tuner in the country and even Stoltec enlisted his help for his tunes before Nick stopped doing tunes.

There is a guy running around using Flashtune's old software without permission or license doing tunes for the FZ-09 for cheap, but he has no support from Falshtunes and that means no support for his customers.

Nels offering lifetime Tune updates included in the original $349.00 price is one heck of a deal. Add a different exhaust later down the road, or want to change somethng else, no extra charge to send it back and have your tune changed.

I'm very pumped to have them on board as a Supporting Vendor. We have the very best!

Wow, looking back at the many threads of people who were so upset about the top speed limiter a couple months ago, I figured that this thread would be full of celebration.

No orders today at all, according to Nels. Nothing wrong with that per say, but I guess people really aren't all that upset with the top speed limiter?

• Premium Member
Not to worry, I will be ready soon. Still need to sort out a high speed vibration on my new to me vette, then I will have funds available. Damn cheap knockoff rims on that car!
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Wow, looking back at the many threads of people who were so upset about the top speed limiter a cou0le months ago, I figured that this thread would be full of celebration.  
No orders today at all, according to Nels. Nothing wrong with that per say, but I guess people really aren't all that upset with the top speed limiter?

I will be sending mine in soon. Need to rathole a few more $$ ...............Now I wish I didn't buy the power commander V :(Since I want to keep the Powercommander V just in case I want to remove my insert. Im sure they can do everything else needed to the ECU. 1. Full custom throttle maps.
3. Improved and smoothed timing maps for a connected riding experience.
4. Electronically remove fuel cut on decel.
5. Removed top speed limiter!
7. Revised fan temp control for cooler hot weather performance.
9. AIS is electronically closed so no block off plates are needed and this will eliminate the popping sound on decel after upgrading exhaust.

2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

I'm no expert but since it's rather unusual to have such a relatively low top speed limited by the manufacturer, has anybody considered that the bike might not be very stable at speeds higher than that?  Or that the speed might be limited for some other very good reason?  I did see a video somewhere on this site where an FJ-09 developed a little wobble at speed (wound out in second if I remember the video correctly, but I could be wrong and that wouldn't put it anywhere near the 118 or 119 limit).  Anyway, I'm just thinkin' out loud.... 

• Premium Member
I'm no expert but since it's rather unusual to have such a relatively low top speed limited by the manufacturer, has anybody considered that the bike might not be very stable at speeds higher than that?  Or that the speed might be limited for some other very good reason?  I did see a video somewhere on this site where an FJ-09 developed a little wobble at speed (wound out in second if I remember the video correctly, but I could be wrong and that wouldn't put it anywhere near the 118 or 119 limit).  Anyway, I'm just thinkin' out loud.... 
There is no limiter on UK bikes. Go figure whether Yamaha made this decision based on safety or the litigious nature of the US consumer. 
Go read a few of the posts made in other threads by UK riders
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived