FJ-09 flash is ready! *Updated*

• Premium Member
I can confirm the 115 speed limiter is gone. I blew right by it in 4th gear this morning.
change up to 5th at 130 or you hit the rev limiter...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can confirm the "smooth as butter" map. Been commuting for a couple days since the flash. Stop and go Seattle traffic is still crap, but the bike handles on/off throttle transitions way better. As for the vibration at 4800; i didn't notice anything before really. I have been trying all sorts of rpms and acceleration situations to play with the new programming. No problems to report.
Thank you so much for the positive words! You guys are awesome! We will continue to try our best provide the best service we can. Please let me know if you anything. Nels 425-269-5332

Please, post before and after Dyno charts! Let me know if you need help posting them!
This is stock tune w/M4 (w/db killer insert) VS. @2wheeldynoworks tune: 
QUblaJA.jpg

What the graph doesn't show is how much more pleasant it is to ride!

It was super fun having you at the shop yesterday! Enjoy your bike and stop by whenever! Please let me know if you need anything! Thanks, Nels 425-269-5332

I can confirm the 115 speed limiter is gone. I blew right by it in 4th gear this morning.
That's awesome;)  Think I'm gonna do this after warranty is up.  Does it effect the traction control?

That's awesome;)  Think I'm gonna do this after warranty is up.  Does it effect the traction control?

It won't Void warranty, a ton of Nel's business is Dealers sending in their Customers bikes! You don't have to wait, they know the deal. The Emission settings are actually harder on the engine than this tune is.

• Premium Member
My bike is UK spec. so I'm getting that performance on the factory setup. So, no effect on warranty or TCS obviously. 
Nel's tune won't affect the operation of the TCS but he may be able to set the default to off if anyone wanted this. I wouldn't recommend it unless you ride on the track or use the bike in a circus. The TCS needs a lot of provoking before it cuts in so is a useful fail safe if you find some gravel on a tight hairpin or diesel on a roundabout. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I just had mine done by Nels. HUGE improvement in throttle response. It is so smooth now. Mello ride back from the shop, but am very excited to test it soon. Nice to have it start in A mode too (you can request what mode to start in)

Very professional job. I showed up, his assistant immediately started removing panels with great care (I am that picky type who is protective), programmed the ECU and put it all back together in about 45 minutes. Can't go wrong. Well worth it. If you are not local and are hesitant to pull the ECU, I watched them remove the panels, don't be scared of it, not a big deal.

More review once I have a chance to ride it other than the WSP infested I405.

• Premium Member
Will new flash allow riders to be able to switch off TCS while in motion?
I very much doubt it. That would require a change to the software control routine rather than a change to a parameter. The ECU upgrade can change the status of a flag from on/off, change the default status of a variable e.g. change switch on to A mode, and change the values in the engine control programme (top speed cut off, idle speed, fan cut in temp, and of course the amount of fuel injected into the cylinders at particular throttle openings.) The ECU upgrade does not change the fuelling programme itself. 

I very much doubt it. That would require a change to the software control routine rather than a change to a parameter. The ECU upgrade can change the status of a flag from on/off, change the default status of a variable e.g. change switch on to A mode, and change the values in the engine control programme (top speed cut off, idle speed, fan cut in temp, and of course the amount of fuel injected into the cylinders at particular throttle openings.) The ECU upgrade does not change the fuelling programme itself. 
Most of this is accurate but we actually have more control than most think. It just takes time to write the code. So, we have to attack the most important functions first. The traction control features you are looking for are available 100% on the new R1 after the flash. The new R1 is the flag ship Yamaha motorcycle and leading the MotoAmerica grid. So, of course its going to get the most attention from the ECU re programmers. I have the tune files for the new R1 out of Dane Westbys bike and it has over 200 pages of spread sheets, 100x100 controlling the traction maps. We run a 0-9, on the fly, less or more, real time traction system. We start the bike in 5 and go up or down according to rider and track conditions as the rider is riding it.  
As for the FJ09 the  traction adjustment or on the fly capabilities will be a future upgrade but most likely this winter when the race season slows down. 

We have complete control of the fuel mapping now. We have individual cylinder, gear, load and TPS control. We have MAP vs. TPS bias and even o2 control. We even have resolution control when needed. When you get a flash, every parameter of the fueling is changed.

Nels has complete control over the fuel mapping. Lets maybe let Nels answer his own questions in the board that he PAYS for please.

Guest dmizer
Nel's tune won't affect the operation of the TCS but he may be able to set the default to off if anyone wanted this.

Interesting. The default TCS setting on my bike is off. I assumed it was the same for everyone.

Installed my 2WheelDynoWorks flashed ECU today. I have the east cost xxxxx-21 ECU.

I've just returned from a 7 day, 1500 mile Colorado/New Mexico ADV ride on a rented 2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R. Coming off the 1190, the flashed FJ-09 is a beast! It runs smoothly at low (2000) rpm and pulls hard.

Compared to the stock ECU, gas mileage seems to be a bit better cruising. I saw a lot of 65-75 instantaneous mpg cruising in traffic. Engine runs cooler, in part because the fan comes on at a lower temperature. Major improvement in ride-ability. You need this!

Nels was super informative as well. This is most likely the best bang for the buck upgrade you can get.
2015 FJ-09, 2016 1290 Super Duke, 2017 150 XC-W (primary ride), 2012 DR650

Archived