Which Tank Bag

I have a Givi 15LT on my 2020 GT.  Nice tank bag which I use a lot.  Got it when I got back home after trading bikes.  Took 2 long trips and a 5 day trip last year plus local riding and a few day trips.  Whenever I stop I'll pull the GoPro and Zumo XT and put in the tank bag so even stop is a couple of open and closes.  Zipper is coming unstitched at one corner .  My solution is to just zip to that point with bot zippers leaving a small gap where the loose zipper is.  I'm somewhat disappointed in the quality as this should not have happened IMO.  Was looking at it just now and may be able to get some nylon thread and stitch the zipper teeth back in place so may be repairable.  Otherwise nice tank bag.

This is the 3rd Givi 15LT I've had and I really like the easy on/off of the TankLock design.  Givi is not the only mfg with a tank ring mount design.  My BMW F800GT had a waterproof bag that really was waterproof until the last trip when it started being not perfectly waterproof.  The Givi needs the rain cover but will make it thru a brief shower.  I typically stuff as much as will fit into the tank bag so it is probably a bit overloaded but they stay put.  I use the "safety" strap but have never had a Givi tank bag come off.  LOL I did have a magnetic bag come off my BMW when I had magnets taped to the underside of the plastics to hold it in place.  Caught it but not a good thing to have happen.

Despite my frustration with the zipper I would probably buy another if I needed one today.

• Thumbsup 1

The Shad E04P has proven to be an ingenius accessory for my Tracer 900.  Holds wallet, sunglasses, cellphone, water, etc.  Detaches easily. Mounts on clever pins that replace three of the tank ring bolts. No ugly ring required. Absolutely brilliant.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I'd like their paniers and top cases

There warranty is the isn't the best but above that their customer service has been abysmal for years.

I'll take a look though But I'm invested in SW moto Tech for both current running Steeds

• Supporting Member

Following a great review & recommendation from someone on this forum, I chose an RKA bag with no regrets...other than I could have ordered a slightly larger bag!

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

On 3/6/2022 at 6:17 AM, MrClean731 said:

Those of you with 2015 - 2017 FJ and have a Givi Tank Lock bag…

Which Bag Model did you go with and can you please provide picture of bag in the bike.

Thanks!

On 3/6/2022 at 9:11 AM, 2and3cylinders said:

No liki Givi, SW Mototechi better

Engage & City 

Look em up

Now makey Evo ringy mount...

The same here.

I have a smaller Givi tank bag and love it.  It was on the 2016 FJ when I bought the bike and after 4 years and 20k miles it has proven durable and very secure in its mounting ring.

Easy to pop on and off the bike and water proof with its little rain cap installed.  Only wish it had a pre-cut media port for phone charging cable, etc.

givi3.jpg

givi2.jpg

givi1.jpg

Edited by nhchris
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• 2 months later...