• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

FJR1300 Pegs fitted to my FJ-09

I was looking for larger, rubber-topped pegs for my 2017 FJ-09. I saw some conflicting info on whether FJR1300 pegs were a drop in replacement or not but I came across some pretty inexpensive knock-off parts on Amazon (only $13 including all necessary hardware) so figured I'd give it a shot and didn't have a lot to lose. Fortunately they were a drop in replacement, the hardest part was drilling the rivet on the shifter side peg. Done in 15 minutes and they are much larger than stock. The shifter placement seems to be spot on as well so overall it was a good gamble on my part. 🙂

brake_side.png

shifter_side.png

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

Think this is a fairly common mod. I did it with the cheap China pegs and I sometimes worry that one will break off when far from home and will have to find a place for my foot. Maybe will put the OE pegs in my tool bag for a possible roadside repair.