What did you do with your Niken today?

Heli ATP

Got my two Michelin pr4 installed last Thursday. Rode that day and a bunch of mountain curves Friday. Bike felt great. I was lazy and had a local independent shop do the work. I just said balance the tires with discs on and told them the hub and lug torques (thanks Heli ATP). I believe they raised front end using an engine hoist on center of handlebars and of course the center stand. The former pr4s could have gone another 1000 miles but the wear bars showing due to scalloping on tires. It wasn't too bad actually as I have seen worse.

• Thumbsup 2

• 3 months later...
  • Supporting Member

I was  riding with a group and we were into the sun on the return leg home. About 5 miles from home we drove into the shadows of trees and I noticed my low fuel light flashing.... +15miles since it came on. When I got home it was showing +20 miles since low light illuminated. I got 16.5 litres of fuel into the tank, to the holes inside the filler neck. We were ripping it the last few miles, so I think it would be safe to expect 20 miles after the low fuel light comes on with normal driving.

Fuel Tank Capacity 18.17 litres (4.80gallons) 

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 months later...
  • Supporting Member

We had a dry day with 49F in NE PA today, so I wrapped up and got an hour of riding in. 

It was the therapy I needed as I can't wipe the grin from my face. 

Flood watch tomorrow and temps in the low 30's overnight, so Monday may be a mess.

Probably my last ride of the year, so glad to get one more ride in for the season.

• Thumbsup 1

I put a deposit on a new 2023 model Niken last Friday and will be collecting it the first week of January to get a 2024 registration plate on it.

For a time, I will have the 2019 and the 2023 so it will be interesting to see what parts can be swapped between the two versions.

Edited by NikenLee
missing word
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My riding friends think I must be crazy, and could well be, but I really enjoy the Niken especially on the Wicklow Gap on a cold dry day.  It is so well spec'd that the only add-ons I can think of are the tox box adaptor and a chain oiler. I have the touring screen and the heated comfort seat on the 2019.  I can fit the mad money Yamaha front flaps on the new one too.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

Like you I would like to add a '23 for when I'm back in Youghal next week but that would be nuts, for the few weeks a year that I am there. Is your 2023 on display somewhere that I may go look? Maybe they will let me take it down the Vee for a test run? 😁

I went with the $25 dollar option for mud-flaps, and like the improvement.

MudWing

As you know Danfay Distributors are the importers in Ireland.  They only have 1 in stock, in a crate.  This is the bike I am buying and they are going to build it up this week and put it in their showroom.  I will pick it up in January.  They have no plans to get any more apparently as the list price is very high.

I expect it will take quite a time to sell my 2019,  however I am happy to keep the 2 of them for the time being anyway.  I know of 2 other Nikens in the locality, so sometime when you are back you could take one of mine and we could get a photo of 4 lined up, which would be a rare photo indeed.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...