Will a rear shock from a 17 tracer fit on a 18 /19 tracer

stringman

Hi all

It looks like I will be buying a 18/19 reg tracer to replace my 17 reg.

I know there were various changes done on the bike on the 18 model ( narrower bars different seat) and I thought they lengthened the swinging arm. 

But I also read that the swinging arm was changed on the 17 model.

Either way does anyone know if the rear shock from a 17 model ( I have a Nitron R!) would fit on the 18/19 model?

Many thanks

Kelly, that is interesting ( I couldnt find a listing for the bike on their website. In fact theey only listed the MT09 Tracer15-17 )

When I looked at the part number for the oem shock on fowlersparts the part number for the 17 and the 19 were the same.

I will email the company though.

Thanks

On 4/9/2022 at 12:31 AM, KellyL said:

Nitron have 2 different part number SKUs for the 2015-17 and 2018-20 models:

NTBKY61S (15-17)

NTBKY 73S (18-20)

The beautiful thing though about Nitron and other aftermarket shocks is that they can easily modify your existing shock to suit a different model. I'd get in touch with them directly to find out the details.

(I contacted Nitron UK directly with some questions about sag for some TVT cartridges once, and they politely responded despite me being located in a different country. Great customer support experience.)

Kelly

upon investigating the second code is for a GT not a tracer.

Strangely if you go to nitron australia they list the tracer from 15 onwards yet on the uk site its just 15-17

Just now, KellyL said:

Hmm. Indeed.

I just double checked the Wilbers part matcher, and it throws three different part codes for the 2017 (RN43), 2019 standard (RN57), and 2019 GT (also RN57) for their basic 640 shock.

The plot thickens. Hopefully Nitron will get back to you with more authoritative info than mine.

Indeed, I wonder if the increased swinging arm is the same as the GT, hence the same models above.

I will have to investigate further

3 minutes ago, stringman said:

Indeed, I wonder if the increased swinging arm is the same as the GT, hence the same models above.

I will have to investigate further

I just checked on the K tech website and the shock for the 17 and 19 are  the same part number