Clean throttle bodies with a FINGER and get high idling rev

ilanr1

Hi according to the manual in order to clean the throttle bodies you need a cleaning agent and a finger.

I have Tracer 900 GT 2019 , i did this procedure a lot of time before but without the finger method...

But now i'm getting high rev motor on idle..

How can I reset the idling issue ? , it's revving at around 1800-2000 instead of 1100-1300.

The bike do everything no error codes in the OBD reader..

Any help  ?

Thanks 

ab94bdd1-026c-45f1-8800-7d26a54f9fb4.jpg.8cde22e46cab4fd2a9bc9cd3442e6e64.jpg

Edited by ilanr1

• ilanr1 changed the title to Clean throttle bodies with a FINGER and get high idling rev

New update , I adjust the throttle sensor and now it's idling at 1100 rpm as it should.

How can I adjust it right ? , I still have some minor issues...

Thanks

Edited by ilanr1

The throttle position sensor from the side...

Before it was running on 1800-2000 rpm steady..

Now it's 1100-1300.

But when i enter the first gear and release the clutch the rpm are raising automaticly to 2000..., at any gear it is like that...

Only on neutral and when holding the clutch the rpm is ruturning to 1100 , right now i have no engine breaking...

Any idea ? It might be the position of the sensor...

Only on 15-16 models, the anything newer does require Yamaha Diag tool. Actually, an OBDII tool may show the tps values, that I’m not sure about… 

Bueller?

honestly if all you did is wipe the inside of the throttle bodies with some cleaner, there’s no way you messed up the TPS adjust. Except now unfortunately because you moved it from factory settings. 

I would suspect that your idling problem is related to a vacuum leak from the throttle bodies not being seated back in there correctly or, a knocked loose throttle body sync port cap, broken fitting to the Intake air pressure sensors (there are 2) or incorrectly installed throttle cables, etc. 

go back over your work and make sure everything is correct. I hope you didn’t suck a piece of rag or paper towel down into the intake, or maybe even a piece broke off and is now wedged in one of the bypass ports. 

there’s lots of possibilities here unfortunately. 
-Skip

Hi , the bike is running fine beside the rpm problem...pulls strong.

The synch between all the 3 cylinders is equal no issues.

I didn't remove the throttle bodies at first ,  only cleaned it with a rug and a finger as in the manual ...

Started the bike and at first I didn't notice this issue  , only later on a test ride...

Again right now after adjusting the TPS it on 1100 rpm steady.

Only when i enter a gear and release the clutch without gas the rpm are rising to 2000 rpm steady...

No error codes on my OBD reader...

Edited by ilanr1

12 hours ago, ilanr1 said:

only cleaned it with a rug and a finger as in the manual ...

Well there's your problem, you used a rug.    🙂   Don't you love autocorrect - gets me all the time!

Seems like there is something on the newer Tracers or is it the Nikons that is an anti-stall which raises the revs slightly to prevent stalling.  I vaguely remember seeing something on that and it was frustrating a new to the bike rider.  Sounds like your bike is properly adjusted and doing what it is set up to do based on what I recall.  Don't think my 2020 does it but I don't pay attention to it.  When I put it in first I'm ready to go and not watching idle speed.  I have noticed it is not an easy bike to stall - but I have done it once or twice.  Feeling lazy today or would search.

• Haha 1

I was in a service center today and they were frustrated... , it's the first time they have seen something like that...

The problem is that right now I don't have engine breaking at all , when I realize the throttle it stays on 2000 rpm ... 

Only if I pull the clutch the RPM drops to normal 1100 rpm...

• Confused 1

• 1 year later...

Hi , yes i solved it !.

I have to replace all the throttle bodies as a set from Ebay...

Cost me 100 euro.

I tried a lot of options BUT replacing it saved me.

Learned my lesson..

Edited by ilanr1