Corbin seat for 2021-22 Tracer 9 GT

Korak

9 hours ago, Korak said:

Looks great!  Is that the Yamaha topbox?  I got the Givi and after the same washer bracket issue, it now locks and comes off fine.

Just to be clear- You added washers to the bracket on the frame that the key works off of, correct? Or are you talking about the bracket on the seat itself?

Yamaha has (here in Europe) a new top box system.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcc-U4KtSBc

10 hours ago, tclhb said:

CCAE18CF-E8AA-4755-AD60-D5AB06547615.thumb.jpeg.62ff00cf0b0a36ba80cab81dc7b7899e.jpegE3C61DEF-E59C-439C-BD65-CCE709C1D441.thumb.jpeg.ae0ea7580d195bf93498d2d9da40e637.jpeg

Looks cool, and congrats it fits now. I've read the fitting instructions of Corbin, and during the coming months the rubber bumpers will break in and then you can probably remove some washers...

What material did you choose for the seating panels?

And how does the seat feel comparing to stock? I mean, it:

• looks nearly flat to me..
  • looks that it is in the upper position. Is it, and how does the height feel compared to stock?
  • looks that the horizontal distance from seat to handlebar has increased, probably because the vertical support of the rider seat is shifted more backwards.. looked at the rear cowling beneath the seat..

Looking forward to your comments... will help me a lot :)

Greetz from The Netherlands... 😎

Edited by KeesH

10 hours ago, tclhb said:

I’m 6’1”, 34” inseam. I wish I had good news. I just got back from a short 20 minute ride, and the Corbin is every bit as bad as the stock seat for crunching up your manhood as you slide towards the gas tank. Zero improvement. Towards the back of the seat where it’s wide seems like it might be a comfortable place to sit. As soon as I roll off the throttle or apply the brakes the only way to stay there is putting hard pressure with my forearms against the handlebars. My opinion that’s a dangerous way to ride in case I need to swerve suddenly. So I mostly just rode up towards the tank and not enjoying life. I’m going to put the 3D printed spacer kit back on and see if I can get the Corbin mounted on the bike with that in place. I hope to have the time later this week to do that. For my short commute tomorrow I’m just putting my stock seat back on. I guess it’s time to read the fine print on Corbin’s return policy/guarantee. 

Sorry, overlooked this post.. but most of my questions above are not yet answered. Regarding the sliding problem... is the leather op top maybe slippery? It can be the first time..

What also can help is to wear leather pants... when I wear textile pants, I slide more forwards instead of wearing leathers... despite the anti-slip stripes on the back off the textile pants..

Edited by KeesH

Corbin seat arrived, perfect condition, correct color.  I had already put back the shims/spacers for added front uplift.  I put the seat in the front upper slot and could see it was lined up with the keyed frame bracket,  but would not attach.  Thanks to TCLHB, I added 3 washers to the seat bracket and heard the click of attachment.  The seat does move slightly side to side and as you can see in the pictures there is a gap especially up front, however I am not that picky and comfort is the goal here. 

My short test drive does confirm some of what TCLHB was saying.  One difference, wearing jeans, I did not have the issue of sliding forward into the tank, which must be because of the added spacers.  The seat is hard, harder than stock, but I expected this and will take time to break in.  The seat does feel lower to me, maybe because of the scooped out area.  The seating position does naturally bring you back further from the handlebars, into a neutral state, however I do have helibars risers which helps, and at times I found my arms locked, because it feels good to be back in the pocket of the seat. Otherwise this is my only complaint.  I don't believe I can bring the handlebars back any further without cable extensions.

Overall the Corbin is better than stock especially with the 3D spacer/shims, I did not slide forward at stops.  I am taking a long trip next week and will report back further on the comfort level.

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

• Like 2

The knees squeezing the tank trick helped a lot on my ride this morning. Thanks to the member that suggested that! I’ll look through posts tonight. Pretty busy day. 
I probably will end up putting back the 3D spacer too. Thanks betoney! 

Edited by tclhb
Thank
  • Like 1

I should be careful to use the JK3D spacers with the Corbin seat. Make sure that all the rubber bumpers contact their opposite points (subframe etc.). Otherwise, you can damage the glasfiber baseplate I guess, due to incorrect weight distribution, especially riding through bumps.

Edited by KeesH
  • Thumbsup 1

16 hours ago, KeesH said:

Looks cool, and congrats it fits now. I've read the fitting instructions of Corbin, and during the coming months the rubber bumpers will break in and then you can probably remove some washers...

What material did you choose for the seating panels?

And how does the seat feel comparing to stock? I mean, it:

• looks nearly flat to me..
  • looks that it is in the upper position. Is it, and how does the height feel compared to stock?
  • looks that the horizontal distance from seat to handlebar has increased, probably because the vertical support of the rider seat is shifted more backwards.. looked at the rear cowling beneath the seat..

Looking forward to your comments... will help me a lot :)

Greetz from The Netherlands... 😎

Yes, it’s definitely has a large flat area. The stock seat has a U shape. 
I ordered the standard which is the high seat. Following the instructions I set the seat adjuster to the low position and used the lower slot for the seat tab. 
Seeing the comments from the other forum member he seems to think the distance to the handlebars increased. I didn’t notice a change. Maybe I need to ride it more, or perhaps the 3D spacer kit increased his distance from having a different body lean - torso position. 
For materials I chose see the following post. 

Edited by tclhb

While the seating surface does have a texture to it, it’s definitely more slippery than the stock seat. 

Edited by tclhb

I might have time to try the 3D printed spacers with the Corbin tomorrow. If I don’t like it for any reason I’ll let the seat go for $500 plus shipping. I am located in So California. I thought I’d post this here for anyone following this thread and thinking of getting one. 

18 hours ago, KeesH said:

And? I'm a bit curious... 😃

The Corbin seat works better with the spacer. I’m still trying it out. Overall I’m definitely disappointed. The biggest issue being the forward slant of the stock seat, and to still have it with the Corbin 🙄 All I did yesterday was a series of short rides trying the height adjuster in different positions, upper and lower slots, then comparing with the stock seat in high and upper slot as per Yamaha. 
I’m riding a couple hours tomorrow and that should give me a better idea how I like it. 

2 hours ago, tclhb said:

The Corbin seat works better with the spacer. I’m still trying it out. Overall I’m definitely disappointed. The biggest issue being the forward slant of the stock seat, and to still have it with the Corbin 🙄 All I did yesterday was a series of short rides trying the height adjuster in different positions, upper and lower slots, then comparing with the stock seat in high and upper slot as per Yamaha. 
I’m riding a couple hours tomorrow and that should give me a better idea how I like it. 

Okay.. That seems to be a pity. But indeed ride a couple of hours to get a better idea. Maybe the seat has to break in..?🤔

• Thumbsup 1

Corbin had emailed me and asked if the spacer worked with their seat. He also said that I should form a spot with my butt where the seat will keep me in place better.