Corbin seat for 2021-22 Tracer 9 GT

Korak

On 4/11/2022 at 11:14 AM, Korak said:

Corbin has come out with a seat for the Tracer 9 GT.  It is one piece,  I spoke to them and the seat comes either standard, which would fit into the high position, or low.  Corbin stated that the seat is more neutral in slope and should alleviate the horrible slide forward.  I am ordering one and it should take about 4-5 weeks lead time.  I will post pictures and a review once I receive it.

Looking forward to both the review and the photos.

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

On 4/30/2022 at 12:21 AM, KeesH said:

Don't you have to remove the H-shaped plastic thing while using the Corbin?

Probably, but it didn’t help any with it removed. It would have been nice for just a brief instruction sheet. Ex, remove seat height adjuster, inset seat tab into lower (upper) slot, etc. 

I tried again today with three family members helping and giving suggestions. None of us could figure it out. 

Edited by tclhb

I took the spacers out of my seat and put it back to stock. 
I’m hoping that will place the Corbin in the right position as I would think they tested it on a stock tracer 9gt?

I'm interested in this as well.  I've done around 160 miles in a single day on the stock seat so far.  It's far more livable than my '16 FJ-09s stock seat was, but I don't think it's going to cut it when I want to do 300 mile back-to-back touring days .  AirHawk might be able get me the rest of the way (I had a Sargent seat for the FJ and still used an AirHawk when touring), but I'm interested in alternatives.

The Corbin seat looks super high.  I'm using the stock seat on the high position for the extra leg room, but I couldn't go much higher (which feels roughty the same height as the Sargent seat in low position the FJ), I'm already in one-foot down only territory.

On 5/1/2022 at 7:14 PM, Korak said:

I took the spacers out of my seat and put it back to stock. 
I’m hoping that will place the Corbin in the right position as I would think they tested it on a stock tracer 9gt?

That was my first thing I tried when the seat didn’t snap into place. I replaced the stock rubber bushings, the stock 4 bolts to mount the bracket, and removed the 3D printed spacers. After getting it back to stock there was still no latching into place. I’ll try and make contact with Corbin again tomorrow since they did not answer my online inquiry or return my voicemail today. 

• Supporting Member

Not sure if this will help but on my '17 FJ-09 I had to raise the hook which locks down the seat with a few washers as the clasp would not catch on it.  Worth a look?

Once you use the new seat for a while it will fit better and will latch easier.

• Thumbsup 1

4 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

Not sure if this will help but on my '17 FJ-09 I had to raise the hook which locks down the seat with a few washers as the clasp would not catch on it.  Worth a look?

After market seat?

Got Corbin on the phone. They suggested moving the washers from above the mounting plate of the hook to below to extend the hook out some to meet the clasp. After that didn’t work I found thicker washers and tried those. Still no go so then I doubled those up and still no latching. 
I wasn’t able to get ahold of the guy I talked to again and his voicemail was full. 
There are instructions so I emailed and asked for a pdf. I also emailed them pics of how far extended off the bottom of the seat I have the hook and mounting plate. 
Since I can’t see the actual hook going into the clasp since it’s all hidden, I put painters tape over the clasp, and putting the seat on and pushing down it’s either at the right spot or really close. 

OMG! This sounds as if they sent you the wrong seat.  Why would you have to adjust the bracket if they manufactured it to fit perfect??  For the price Corbin had better look at their process since each seat is handmade, however the seat pan should be universal for the Tracer.

I get mine tomorrow, not looking forward to messing around with washers and bracket adjustment.

• Thumbsup 1

10 minutes ago, Korak said:

OMG! This sounds as if they sent you the wrong seat.  Why would you have to adjust the bracket if they manufactured it to fit perfect??  For the price Corbin had better look at their process since each seat is handmade, however the seat pan should be universal for the Tracer.

I get mine tomorrow, not looking forward to messing around with washers and bracket adjustment.

Please post your findings. I did mention to the tech that another person on the forum is receiving theirs Wednesday. I don’t know for sure and it seems neither did the tech, but I might be the first. At this point I really wish I had waited. No emails or other contact from them since this morning. 

1 hour ago, tclhb said:

Please post your findings. I did mention to the tech that another person on the forum is receiving theirs Wednesday. I don’t know for sure and it seems neither did the tech, but I might be the first. At this point I really wish I had waited. No emails or other contact from them since this morning. 

Do you have some pictures of the seat how it looks on the bike?

Edited by KeesH

Looks like some good tips! I’ll try some of those when I get home. Specifically about the rubber bumpers and the seat may need to slide forward more. I received an email from the tech telling me to try removing the alignment post and see if that makes a difference. I’m out on the bike right now riding with the stock seat, minus the 3D shim spacer kit. I’m missing that kit right now! It really makes a difference. 
I’ll also post a pic of the seat on the bike as requested. 
Thanks for your input and help!