Corbin seat for 2021-22 Tracer 9 GT

Korak

I ended up with 3 of the washers I had on hand that were slightly thicker than the 1 washer supplied on top, and put those under the bracket. The 3 washers I had were placed under the mounting bracket between the seat and the plate for both mounting screws. That did it. It locked into place but was super hard to unlock so I loosened and repositioned in the direction that made sense and now it’s working pretty good. Not as smooth and easy as stock, but acceptable. 

My process was I first tried removing my 2 added washers per side and tried 1 and attempted every tip in the troubleshooting sheet except bending the steel tab at the front of the seat. None of that helped with my seat. Then I went to 2 then 3 washers and click, fastened. 

Edited by tclhb

In order posted by you all, THANK YOU SO MUCH KeesH, HeliATP, Korak, and maverick2076. Also thank you to others that had interest and comments. Korak, if you’re having trouble and have any questions for me, my email is tclhb@yahoo.com. Good luck! I’ll post as I get some riding time in, but that won’t be tomorrow. Just 40 miles RT commuting to an event. 

• Like 1

Looks great!  Is that the Yamaha topbox?  I got the Givi and after the same washer bracket issue, it now locks and comes off fine.

Just to be clear- You added washers to the bracket on the frame that the key works off of, correct? Or are you talking about the bracket on the seat itself?

• Thumbsup 1

The bracket on the seat itself. 
Yes, that’s the Yamaha 50 liter box. The plastic finish matches the side cases exactly. I just put it on a couple weeks ago. I waited almost 6 months and then canceled my order for the mounting plate and ordered it directly from Japan. Had the plate in 4 days. 

Edited by tclhb

Unlocking the seat just now to take the pic, then putting it back on it actually worked very smooth unlocking and relocking. 

Edited by tclhb

Thank you, and thank you for the picture.  I will let you and members know how it goes for me and then the test drive!  I really hope it is more comfortable and helps my 6' 4' inch frame and 36 inch inseam be a bit taller seat.

Edited by Korak
  • Thumbsup 1

I’m 6’1”, 34” inseam. I wish I had good news. I just got back from a short 20 minute ride, and the Corbin is every bit as bad as the stock seat for crunching up your manhood as you slide towards the gas tank. Zero improvement. Towards the back of the seat where it’s wide seems like it might be a comfortable place to sit. As soon as I roll off the throttle or apply the brakes the only way to stay there is putting hard pressure with my forearms against the handlebars. My opinion that’s a dangerous way to ride in case I need to swerve suddenly. So I mostly just rode up towards the tank and not enjoying life. I’m going to put the 3D printed spacer kit back on and see if I can get the Corbin mounted on the bike with that in place. I hope to have the time later this week to do that. For my short commute tomorrow I’m just putting my stock seat back on. I guess it’s time to read the fine print on Corbin’s return policy/guarantee. 

Edited by tclhb

• Supporting Member
29 minutes ago, tclhb said:

I’m 6’1”, 34” inseam. I wish I had good news. I just got back from a short 20 minute ride, and the Corbin is every bit as bad as the stock seat for crunching up your manhood as you slide towards the gas tank. Zero improvement. Towards the back of the seat where it’s wide seems like it might be a comfortable place to sit. As soon as I roll off the throttle or apply the brakes the only way to stay there is putting hard pressure with my forearms against the handlebars. My opinion that’s a dangerous way to ride in case I need to swerve suddenly.

Grip the tank with your knees, it allows a light/neutral grip on the bars, even while braking.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

20 hours ago, maverick2076 said:

You should be able to tell Corbin the issue and get them to adjust the seat. 

I did email them tonight. I’ll post what they say after we figure out something. 
Thank you. 😊

Edited by tclhb
Thank

• Supporting Member

Nice looking seat. Remember it takes about 1000 miles for the Corbin to break in. They often feels hard at first. I always liked to sit back and slide forward for stops (my short inseam). Once that rounded area loosens up you may be happy with the setup as is?

• Thumbsup 1