Corbin seat for 2021-22 Tracer 9 GT

Korak

Someone here recently made a comment to the effect that "comfort on a motorcycle is over-rated."  I agree with that.  After long years chasing the comfort fairy, with very mixed results, I finally have arrived at the idea that comfort on a motorcycle is about as possible as comfort suspended above a raging volcano.

• Haha 1

Completely disagree. If you are only doing track days, riding to bike night, or taking an occasional Saturday afternoon cruise, comfort may not matter. Even commuting back and forth to work, it may not matter. But on multi-day, multi state tours it sure does. And it is achievable. Maybe not on every bike, but it was on my Springer, it was on my Street Glide, and it definitely was on my Super Tenere. I’m hoping it will be on the Tracer too. The only piece I’m really missing now is the seat, and that should be remedied within a week or so. 

• Like 1

I disagree partially. It's completely personal (I also know persons who don't have any discomfort with the stocker Tracer 900 and Tracer 9 seats), and also depends on how you use the bike. A ride of just a couple of hours isn't problematic to me (except the 2014 MT-09... that was horrible within an hour), but multi-day tours are a different story. For me, it isn't a problem if I have some discomfort at the end of the day (we ride app. 300 [km] per day - no highways -), but if the discomfort starts in the beginning of the afternoon, it sucks. And important is also that I have to 'recuperate' for the next day, so I don't start the new day with discomfort.

I also experimented with different bikes and seats (Bandit 650 - MT-09 - Tracer 900 (2019) - and now the Tracer 9 GT), there is a huge difference. The ground plate (the way of support) is very important if you ask me, and there is where I agree with the Corbin philosophy. Good support and enough of square inches is key.  What I don't like at the Corbin seats, is the shape of the seat.. The only way to shift is front - back, no sideway shifting. The Sargent seats look in that way better to me, but unfortunately, they don't have a seat for the Tracer 9 yet.

• 11 months later...

Hi guys, hope no one minds me bumping this thread

Just curious how folks are getting on with Corbin seat some time later. A decent improvement?

I noticed Seargant also has an option now, though it looks like that one modifies your existing pan.

• 1 month later...

I am curious too about how the corbin seat has worked out for T9GT owners.  Post pics and your thoughts please. 

There are a few pics already posted but I would like to see more and get more feedback from corbin owners.

Edited by tgas

• 1 month later...

I first tried the comfort seat which was slightly better, then the JK3D kit. I found that my butt still wasn't happy. It wasn't until I bought the Corbin seat that all was finally good. It does raise you up slightly but there is a lot more padding than the stock or comfort seat. I sold the bike recently and have the Corbin up for sale. I paid $682 but will take $500 plus shipping. PM me for pictures.

• 3 weeks later...