‘21/‘22 Tracer 9 GT Top Case Mounting Plate In USA

So I have been waiting for almost 6 months for this part. Monday I decided to try a source in Japan. It cost me about $40 to ship, but I had it by Thursday (4 days). Just finished mounting and since everything is correct I thought I’d share the source. 

• Thumbsup 1

https://japan.webike.net/ When I registered I got a coupon for about $8 which I used successfully. Sorry I couldn’t post a link to the actual part, but that didn’t seem to work for some reason. It’s easy to find though using their search function. I couldn’t get a successful order using my credit card, but PayPal went through with no problem. 

Edited by tclhb
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@tclhb Greetings from a fellow OC-er! Thanks for the tip on Webike - still debating whether to pull the trigger but I'm a bit intimidated by the installation process especially as a newbie wrencher. I saw a Greek Youtuber's installation process (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ujxcdzM3No), which involved taking off multiple plastics and overall it looked pretty complicated. Was your experience pretty much the same? 

I typically don’t go too far beyond the difficulty of oil and filter changes, or simple accessory installs. I didn’t find it all that difficult. If you’re uncomfortable with it I’ll bet a dealer wouldn’t charge more than an hour labor. 

On 8/8/2022 at 5:40 PM, motoontheweekend said:

@tclhb Greetings from a fellow OC-er! Thanks for the tip on Webike - still debating whether to pull the trigger but I'm a bit intimidated by the installation process especially as a newbie wrencher. I saw a Greek Youtuber's installation process (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ujxcdzM3No), which involved taking off multiple plastics and overall it looked pretty complicated. Was your experience pretty much the same? 

I posted elsewhere on this. It really is ridiculously complicated for such a small job.  Just 3 bolts to attach it, but to get to it you have to remove many plastic panels and the pannier hangers. The instructions are useless and putting it all back together is a real pain remembering which plastic pop rivets go where as they’re not all the same. 

Thanks for the source, good to know.  Not sure what is the holdup on so many different parts but things seem to be getting slowly better.  

Have been looking for a new pair of gloves.  Really like the Held Phanton II that I have but the new version is very expensive $450 and similar but less expensive versions seem to be out of stock in my size.  Decided to have a look on eBay.  Found pair of Phantom II's exactly like my current pair for$260!  Almost $200 less than the new version.  Only problem was the vendor was ChromeBurners in Netherlands.  I ordered them, paid the $30 shipping and total came to $311 and a week later I had them.  Perfect!  Was a little concerned that there might be a catch but they are genuine and new in the original packaging.  I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

Seems like post pandemic there is more space on air freight and things are shipping pretty quickly.

• Thumbsup 1