New Daily Rider

• Supporting Member

Looking good!

Why do I feel like I should know what those tires are.  What, 60/40 or something?

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

1 hour ago, knyte said:

Looking good!

Why do I feel like I should know what those tires are.  What, 60/40 or something?

These are Pirelli scorpion str's. came with the bike. most likey will be putting on some street tires at some point, I don't do enough (read: none) off road riding to need these. but they do look good!

• Thumbsup 1

11 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Miles & rubles?

20k on the clock, $8.5k

Using this as my commuter (i dont own a car) so im doing 200+ miles a week for work plus whatever i add on days off. the miles were a bit high for my liking, but not my first yamaha so i know its good for a bit. thinking ill do a clutch around the 30/35K mile just for my own peace of mind 

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, yauqnad said:

20k on the clock, $8.5k

thinking ill do a clutch around the 30/35K mile just for my own peace of mind 

If it hasn't already been done, you are at the mileage that most owners do a valve inspection/adjustment, 'most' owners find tight exhaust valves.  The manual recommends the inspection at 26k but since they are notoriously always tight, its better to catch it early.

Mine were tight on the first inspection and within spec on the 2nd and 3rd inspections.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

IMO the clutch is pretty bullet proof and you already have the slip/assist unit, which many of us installed in our pre-18 FJs out of envy  They are noisy and some complain about it rattling due to worn drive gear rubber dampers which does not effect function or longevity.  The rubbers can be replaced with some work.  A new basket is almost is much as an Extreme Creations reinforced billet basket to which you transfer the OEM drive gear and install the Hinson rubber dampers for a truly H-bomb proof assembly! 

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

IMO the clutch is pretty bullet proof and you already have the slip/assist unit, which many of us installed in our pre-18 FJs out of envy  They are noisy and some complain about it rattling due to worn drive gear rubber dampers which does not effect function or longevity.  The rubbers can be replaced with some work.  A new basket is almost is much as an Extreme Creations reinforced billet basket to which you transfer the OEM drive gear and install the Hinson rubber dampers for a truly H-bomb proof assembly! 

yes i notice the clutch is a bit "chatty" when im in neutral and the engine is cold. not bad after a few miles but i can hear it rattling away while waiting at the stop lights