• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

New (to me) 2016 FJ09

Welcome and ride on!!

I also am lucky enough to own a 2016 FJ.  The original and still the best!

• Like 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Premium Member

Beautiful bike and it looks like it's all farkled up for you nicely with all the great Bells and whistles can't tell about the suspension or brakes.

How many miles in what did it cost you?

And it's a beautiful day at the rock store again!

Welcome aboard and use it in good health!

• Supporting Member

Looking good; I like those red accents!

Looks like it's farkled up very well :)

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

Yeah I lucked out with the goodies already on it:

• Givi Engine Guards
  • Shad Side Cases
  • Sargent Seats
  • V Stream Touring shield

8K Miles.

I might play with a few other options on the farkles. Windshield swap, and I've always preferred Corbin seats over Sargent so might swap that out. Also, I'm more of a top case guy so I plan to at least add one and possibly take off side cases, TBD...

I'll post more pics as it comes along! 

Edited by JP3RKS
  • Thumbsup 1

Nice, I think the accents on the seats match the rest of the bike very nicely. I purchased the Sargent seats and am in love with them myself. 

I got mine last July and I think the best upgrade is putting on the Competition Werkes Slip-on. My bike immediately lost about 25.lbs plus the Ivan's ECU flash made a great bike better 

If your 2016 is like my2016, one farkle you will definitely need is EAR PLUGS!!

• Haha 1
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

19 minutes ago, Instinct28 said:

Nice, I think the accents on the seats match the rest of the bike very nicely. I purchased the Sargent seats and am in love with them myself. 

I got mine last July and I think the best upgrade is putting on the Competition Werkes Slip-on. My bike immediately lost about 25.lbs plus the Ivan's ECU flash made a great bike better 

I love the look of the Sargent seats and the red accents, but I think I'm more of a Corbin guy! (Had Corbins on all my previous bikes.) So I might hunt for a Corbin and offload the Sargents.

Anyone want to trade their Corbin for some Sargents?? ;) 

Yeah I noticed the exhaust definitely makes a noise on this bike! I am used to stock exhausts being quiet but this one makes a note! I'm loving it right now... check back with me in a few months and maybe I'll have changed my mind...

They are definitely heavier. 

I'm on the taller side (6'2" with 34" inseam) so I was actually wanting more height to give a little more room for my legs. I believe the Sargent is lower than the stock seat in both settings, and from what I understand the Corbin just has one option and that is taller than the tall setting of stock. 

1 hour ago, JP3RKS said:

Yeah I noticed the exhaust definitely makes a noise on this bike! I am used to stock exhausts being quiet but this one makes a note! I'm loving it right now... check back with me in a few months and maybe I'll have changed my mind...

I too love the sound of my (stock) exhaust and intake.  It’s the gear box, clutch, chain and engine symphony that requires the ear plugs.  Our bikes have well deserved reputations as noisy machines.

But don’t worry.  Be happy!

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

13 hours ago, nhchris said:

I too love the sound of my (stock) exhaust and intake.  It’s the gear box, clutch, chain and engine symphony that requires the ear plugs.  Our bikes have well deserved reputations as noisy machines.

But don’t worry.  Be happy!

Other than a nice exhaust note, mine doesn't seem to exhibit the noises you encounter with yours.