Givi Splash Guard T9GT

• Supporting Member

Givi Rm2159kit to mount the Givi Rm02 splash guard $160.43 shipped from Motostorm.it

As mentioned previously I've found the T9GT to sling everything on the road all over the rear end of the bike, it's frustrating how much crap covers the bike after a wet ride.

Easy install: assemble the guard to the bracket before mounting, sprayed some ACF-50 on the bracket since it is painted metal. Remove stock axle nut, washer, and axle block. Install assembled guard with included alignment plate, replace stock washer and nut, torque to spec.

Givi's mount is a bit longer than the stock axle block from the chain tension adjuster to the axle hole, so you'll have to loosen the left side stock axle block to align the rear wheel.

Thought about buying the Pyramid Plastics guard, but that's $251.49 shipped. Motostorm.it support has always been great to me too.

20220516_164304.jpg

20220516_164329.jpg

20220516_164336.jpg

20220516_164554.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, jthayer09 said:

Thought about buying the Pyramid Plastics guard, but ...

Nice job. Now consider the Pyramid Fender Extender to close the gap. I added one to the Niken, which comes with a splash guard as standard.

(Mud under seat from before Pyramid was added)

Fender4.jpg

Fender6.jpg

Fender5.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

2 hours ago, jthayer09 said:

Givi Rm2159kit to mount the Givi Rm02 splash guard $160.43 shipped from Motostorm.it

As mentioned previously I've found the T9GT to sling everything on the road all over the rear end of the bike, it's frustrating how much crap covers the bike after a wet ride.

Nice ... so how does this splash guard work? Does it solve the problem?

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

• Supporting Member

I cheaped out with an ebay hugger:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/203952033321?hash=item2f7c7d0e29:g:IMoAAOSwQeRigtrI

One of the smaller expanded metal grills fell off a while ago.  They are just hot glued to the inside of the hugger.  It's far enough out of sight that it doesn't bother me.

Your splashguard is far and away a better looking and more elegant solution.  It looks nearly identical to Dad's BMW splashguard.  I bet it works well for you.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
58 minutes ago, Grumpy Goat said:

Nice ... so how does this splash guard work? Does it solve the problem?

Will post results when we get some rainfall 👍

• Thumbsup 2

12 hours ago, jthayer09 said:

Will post results when we get some rainfall 👍

You live up in the glacier zone of the state, hope you do some exploring in the Buckeye to see just how many great twisty and fun roads we have?

• Thumbsup 1

• 1 month later...

I use the GIVI mud guard as well because I removed that God-awful snorkel thing that hang's off the Tracer's ass.  Very nice product, and it seems to draw lots of comments at Motorcycle Sport Touring Association events. Godd choice!

On 5/16/2022 at 11:36 PM, Heli ATP said:

Nice job. Now consider the Pyramid Fender Extender to close the gap. I added one to the Niken, which comes with a splash guard as standard.

(Mud under seat from before Pyramid was added)

Fender4.jpg

Fender6.jpg

Fender5.jpg

I made the same myself, thin sheet aluminium and three ss bolts and lock nuts, cost pennies 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, nigel5 said:

I made the same myself, thin sheet aluminium and three ss bolts and lock nuts, cost pennies 

Pennies ?? 😃😃😃

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Member

After an uncharacteristically hot and dry summer I finally had reason to ride on a rainy day and I'm happy to report that the splash guard works even better than expected!

Splash guard seems to stop almost everything that the rear wheel kicks up unless you're actually going through puddles and making splashes, keeps the topcase clean and a big improvement on the underside of the rear. Thumbs up from me.

I still kind of want the shock shield and rear hugger from Pyramid Plastics for peace of mind against splashes and riding through puddles, but US shipping is steep. 

• Thumbsup 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2022 at 2:26 PM, jthayer09 said:

I still kind of want the shock shield and rear hugger from Pyramid Plastics for peace of mind against splashes and riding through puddles, but US shipping is steep. 

US dealer available to avoid the big shipping fees => https://www.motomachines.com/shop-by-bike/yamaha/tracer-9-gt

I ordered an Evotech radiator guard, Pyramid front fender extenda and shock shield for now.

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, robzilla said:

US dealer available to avoid the big shipping fees => https://www.motomachines.com/shop-by-bike/yamaha/tracer-9-gt

I ordered an Evotech radiator guard, Pyramid front fender extenda and shock shield for now.

I saw that previously. However, many of those prices have been jacked up to the point it costs more than shipping from the UK:

Rear hugger for $99.95?

vs.

$49.52 USD direct from the UK via Royal Mail:

1139650558_RearPyramid.thumb.png.12dbb57914072723dba25d0d81703902.png

Over 100% markup... 😲

Even if you order something that requires Parcelforce it's still cheaper from the UK:

Spray guard for $228

vs.

$215.13 USD direct from the UK via Parcelforce:

993809662_SPlashPyramid.thumb.png.c913cf5f8cabb36186149ec5ca67c3b6.png

EDIT:

Yeeeeesh the shock shield is $100 on motomachines vs $49.52 USD direct from the UK:

707860806_ShockShieldPyramid.thumb.png.4656451277ef33dd431208d67547e6d7.png

Not sure where Motomachines went wrong on their pricing agreement with Pyramid Plastics. It almost seems like they're ordering retail and just reselling rather than being an actual distributor with a vendor agreement.