2019 900 Gt-grip warmers not working after ecu flash

Hello members!!

Had my ecu flashed a couple weeks ago and the heated grips do not get power. I have continuity, proper resistance, and wiring is fine and was not touched. No power is going to the grips as tested via multimeter.

It turns on in the instrument panel and menus, but no heat. Reading the service manual doesn't assist much. Maybe the yamaha diagnostic tool can reactive them in the ecu???

Reached out to the tuner with no response after 3 attempts. Need help!

Edited by Infinity99

31 minutes ago, skipperT said:

Have you ridden the bike since installing the ECM? Is the MIL (check engine/FI light) active?

-Skip

Bike rides/starts/behaves as intended after flash. No MIL indicated. I did have an MIL as the AIS solenoid was unplugged, cleared it, plugged back in, no MIL. Otherwise not a single concern in that area. Just no heat to the grips.

As well, i found that cruise control does not function.

So I'm pretty sure why this is happening. I tore the bike apart last night and checked the ecu part #.

BS2-8591A-10 is what I have.

This ecu is for an MT-09, not a Tracer 900GT. Part # for a Tracer ecu is:

B1J-8591A-00 

I assume this would cause these issues, but correct me if I'm mistaken. Seems like my ecu got switched in the mix? Emailed the tuner to inquire.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Infinity99 said:

So I'm pretty sure why this is happening. I tore the bike apart last night and checked the ecu part #.

B1J-8591A-00 

I assume this would cause these issues, but correct me if I'm mistaken. Seems like my ecu got switched in the mix? Emailed the tuner to inquire.

Who flashed that thing is what I want to know. Ivan did an awesome flah on my 2015 fj-09 ecu.

Edited by Instinct28

B1J-8591A-00 

Good find! That makes a lot of sense. I hope that it's an honest mistake and that the tuner has a valid reason for not answering your emails.  Even if he returns your ECU asap he owes you for all the time you spent on this IMO.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Instinct28 said:

Who flashed that thing is what I want to know.

I'm not here to call out the tuner on what is probably a simple honest mistake. We are human and these things happen from time to time.

Edited by Infinity99

19 hours ago, petshark said:

Good find! That makes a lot of sense. I hope that it's an honest mistake and that the tuner has a valid reason for not answering your emails.  Even if he returns your ECU asap he owes you for all the time you spent on this IMO.

Well, I received the ecu back on May 9th and I've been racking by hamster ever since to figure out why no power to the heated grips, and then the discovery of no cruise control. It won't even turn on. I understand that like every other motorcycle shop, they are busy as it's the beginning of the season.

I'm starting to get frustrated as time goes on. I just want my ecu back as quickly as possible. Took 3 weeks to get back here after it was received....

• Sad 1

Well, I received the ecu back on May 9th and I've been racking by hamster ever since to figure out why no power to the heated grips, and then the discovery of no cruise control. It won't even turn on. I understand that like every other motorcycle shop, they are busy as it's the beginning of the season.

I'm starting to get frustrated as time goes on. I just want my ecu back as quickly as possible. Took 3 weeks to get back here after it was received....

I hate to be negative here but the best case scenario is probably that he swapped it by accident with another customer's MT09. Seeing that this is all done by mail the other client may refuse to send it back as his/her bike is probably fine with your ECU. Ugh, what a mess. 

Another worse scenario is that they broke yours by accident and sourced a secondhand one that is not right for your bike. That could be an explanation for the radio silence. 

I would firmly but politely demand immediate return of your ECU or a new one with the right part number.

5 minutes ago, petshark said:

I hate to be negative here but the best case scenario is probably that he swapped it by accident with another customer's MT09. Seeing that this is all done by mail the other client may refuse to send it back as his/her bike is probably fine with your ECU. Ugh, what a mess. 

Another worse scenario is that they broke yours by accident and sourced a secondhand one that is not right for your bike. That could be an explanation for the radio silence. 

I would firmly but politely demand immediate return of your ECU or a new one with the right part number.

UPDATE! I called the tuner today, and they have found my ecu. They didn't immediately get back to me as they were sorting out what exactly happened. It was sent to another customer by human error. Thank goodness. The other customer has an 2019 MT-09 and the ecu (mine in their bike) is throwing codes because it's looking for a quick shifter, heated grips, and cruise control. All of which are not present.

We are in the process of working out the correction.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1