Handle bars

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Joe dutton said:

Can anyone help. I have a tracer 900 and want to change the  handlebars to 900 gt ones. Is this possible as mine are over 100 mm wider than the gt ones

You can use ANY handlebar you choose, wider, narrower, taller, shorter etc. as long as it has the 1 1/8" clamping surface.  Many owners, myself included, use taller bars or bar risers and there is plenty of cable length but you want narrower bars, so you should be good to go.

The biggest downfall to oem bars is the use of drilled holes and locating pins, aftermarket bars thankfully don't use them.  You can use a Dremel and grind the locating pins off the switch cluster so you can rotate them to how they fit you best.  I am OCD with ergonomics and control switch/lever position so I change bars on every bike and grind the pins off so I can set things up comfortably.

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, betoney said:

You can use ANY handlebar you choose, wider, narrower, taller, shorter etc. as long as it has the 1 1/8" clamping surface.

I will just add that you need the right real estate to fit the bar in the clamps, and to fit the grips/levers/switches on the ends. The D and F dimensions in the sketch. Ergonomics aside.

moto-bars.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
2 minutes ago, piotrek said:

I will just add that you need the right real estate to fit the bar in the clamps, and to fit the grips/levers/switches on the ends. The D and F dimensions in the sketch. Ergonomics aside.

moto-bars.jpg

Very true, thanks for that thought. If you have added gadgets on your bars then yes, the "F" dimension can fill up quickly.  I will add that I usually try to find narrower bars, (just personal preference) and both bikes still have at least 3/4" usable space on each side.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 7 months later...
On 5/31/2022 at 9:51 PM, stringman said:

I had a tracer 900 and swapped the bars over to narrower mt09 bars. I now have a tracer 900gt and went to put my mt09 bars on this bike and discovered they were the same. I have the mt09 bars for sale on fb in the uk.