At last, perfect harmony!

Now off to the Isle of Man with you Mark.

Mad Sunday is just around the corner!

Edited by nhchris
  • Thumbsup 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member

Glad you've got sorted out to suit you. 👍  Now get out,and dodge the expected rain showers this weekend. 😊😊

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

Cheers guys. 2&3, I'd originally bought the Black Widow High level exhaust headers and can. The system seems to work for the low exhausts but I found it impossible to get a good fit with the higher version, I particularly wasn't happy with the 3 into 1 junction rubbing against the sump. I spent hours trying to get a good fit and just couldn't get a good line between  the link pipe, 3-1 section and can. Hats off to Black Widow, they gave me a refund on the headers, I kept their can and got the Lextek (see pic) It's in two sections and I fitted it in minutes. It's nice quality and with the can and baffles it's just the right side of a 'fruity' sound without being offensive or a hassle on long rides. It's the standard 2" pipe at the end.

nhchris, unfortunately no TT for me this year, I've been 25 times since 1982 but it just gets harder and more expensive each year, I will return but have other things I want to do. Fortunately the internet provides me with constant coverage so I'm not missing out totally.

Kenny A. I'm heading up North at the weekend for four days of riding so hoping the weather stays as good as it is this morning, but you know Scotland 'four seasons in a day' 🤣

Lextek.42.png

Hi Mark. Sounds like you have the bike sorted nicely.  Can you elaborate on the clutch work? I did see a good post by someone in USA who swapped the original assembly for the newer style slipper clutch. I priced up the parts here in UK and as usual the cost was twice that of the USA, so didn't take this any further. I have put a R1 cable on my Tracer which does have a better feel in comparison to the original part. Regards, John 

Hi Jonny, I bought the clutch basket from Fowler’s, it cost £550 plus £50 for the gasket and nut. It was the newer version as verified by the parts number. I bought a clutch basket tool for £18 off eBay, it just makes the job easier. I’d looked at the Extreme creations option but by the time it got here including post then the hassle of putting new rubbers in there was only about a £100 saving. The bikes a keeper so I thought long term it was best to spend the cash and do a proper job. It transforms the bike, much smoother and quieter so I’m a happy chappie🤓

On 6/2/2022 at 4:56 AM, Mark Jackson said:

Cheers guys...

nhchris, unfortunately no TT for me this year, I've been 25 times since 1982 but it just gets harder and more expensive each year, I will return but have other things I want to do. Fortunately the internet provides me with constant coverage so I'm not missing out totally.

I did TT in 2011 and worked as a course Marshall stationed at St Ninnian's crossroads atop Bray Hill.  Was there for practice and race weeks. The sight of John McGuinness and Michael Dunlop flashing past my post at 170 mph still gives me chills.

Most amazing motorcycle racing insanity I've ever witnessed. Absolutely unbelievable.  I hope to get back some day.

I also want to see the Northwest 200 and Ulster GP.  Same concept just many more bikes in the mix at one time.

And I love your country as well. Climbed the Ben back in the day via Tower Ridge and felt quite at home in the Glen Nevis pub.  Great stuff!

Enjoy your ride.

Edited by nhchris
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09