Road America, Who's Going?

• Premium Member

Heading to track as early as possible Friday, staying at Siebkens Friday & Saturday nights.

Weather looks a bit iffy and coolish but a good time should be had by all!

Post up to set a meet up spot and times!

https://www.roadamerica.com/motoamerica-superbike-series-vintage-motofest

• Thumbsup 3

• Premium Member

and finally rain Sunday

Siebkens needs a ton of work to bring it up to maybe 2002 standards, and their life safety systems are non-existent presumably because of its landmark status but still!  IMO its ambiance does not out way comfort and safety.  Turnout both at the track and Siebkens was relatively low (no crowds is an OK thing).  Back in the day (late 70s ~ 80s) Siebkens was jumpin and crazy but still a pit.  At least the rooms now are supposedly air conditioned (it was too cool to tell), have a phone (unused) and a TV (which didn't function).  Understaffed (like everywhere) and not inexpensive especially for what you get.  Basically a crappy little room with a tiny very dated bathroom, dingy paint, venetian blinds that did not raise, windows that would not open, a thin panel door to the hall which requires 2 hands to unlock and open, and dirty carpets; at least the roach I saw was long dead.  Plus the outdoor pool was closed along with the ice cream gazebo, and you take your like in your hands on the stairs to the front desk, to which their is no second remote means of egress.  Forget about room service and food onsite is meh.  Otherwise I loved the place 🙂  Maybe if I was much younger (wishful thinking), knew no better and/or stayed very drunk (though drinks at the Stop-Inn were far from cheap) I wouldn't have noticed and/or cared.  BTW, the pics at Siebkens of the 3-story New Orleans style balconied building are private condos and not offered by Siebkens.

Either stay at The Osthoff (primo digs and you pay for it), or in Plymouth at The Fig & the Pheasant (quant $$$), Baymont (newer cookie cutter but decent) or AmericInn (dated, soso but consistent)

20220605_114710.jpg

20220605_130730.jpg

IMG_0002.JPG

20220604_083113.jpg

20220604_115823.jpg

20220604_115855.jpg

20220604_123920.jpg

20220604_142648.jpg

20220603_151715.jpg