That tank sticker has to go!

Anyone remove the ugly tank sticker yet? I'm thinking a blow dryer, strong fingernail and WD-40 should take care of it. 
fj09sticker.jpg

Hair dryer for like a minute on hottest setting and it will peel off real easy, dont spray any WD-40 on that beautiful bike!

Another real easy method is a wet sponge of hot water, press on it for two minutes and then peel off.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eatpasta
Anyone remove the ugly tank sticker yet? I'm thinking a blow dryer, strong fingernail and WD-40 should take care of it. 
fj09sticker.jpg

ewwww...really?  ya that needs to go

• 2 weeks later...
fj09sticker.jpg

Hair dryer for like a minute on hottest setting and it will peel off real easy, dont spray any WD-40 on that beautiful bike!  
Another real easy method is a wet sponge of hot water, press on it for two minutes and then peel off.
Wonder where my hair dryer is? Probably at the back of a cupboard in my garage (haven't used it for hair in over 10 years! 8-)) Definitely preferable to a hot water sponge, as the garage is kept at only +2 C in winter. 
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

@deersslayer, I tried to remove mine, and it was just chipping away in tiny pieces. Then I tried taking it off after it was in my parkade overnight and it just came right off. No need to warm it up, just don't try when it's noticeably cold. Peels away easy at room temp, and a licked thumb will get off any leftover residue.

• Premium Member
Just like the movie, gone in 60 seconds. Mine pealed off easy, but left some glue residue. Dabbing the old sticker on the residue repeatedly did the trick.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I totally agree that the warning stickers plastered all over today's new bikes are very ugly and detract from the looks/styling.
It seems that these 'safety' stickers are there for the 0.01% of people who have no idea of what's what and the rest of us are stuck (pun intended) with them!

I agree that the earlier you take them off, the easier it is.

If you're having problems removing them perhaps a visit to you friendly local paint-shop/repairer might be worthwhile.
They have the equipment (heat guns, solvents, etc,) and the experience to do it easily and if you ask nicely (with a six-pack in hand :D) they would probably be happy to do it on the spot.

I have used a hair dryer in the past and it does help.  Just make sure you don't heat it up too much.

Cheers
Mick

Be advised this sticker as the tag on your mattress are NOT to be removed, there is a legal reason they are there. Having said that mine came right off with not much effort.

Yes. Like the tag on your mattress the DEALER can not legally remove it. The customer can do whatever they want.

Archived