June 20 2022 - Motorcycle Ride to Work Day

RTW day has been around for a long time, but this year it's on the same day as the new Federal holiday for Juneteenth. (Which fell on Sunday 6/19/22, but is observed on Monday 6/20/22). If your employer follows Federal holidays, as mine does, then there's no work to ride to today... 

But you can bet I'll be out riding today anyway!

It's a new holiday, so adoption varies quite a bit. Eventually I wonder whether they'll have to move Ride to Work day?

Edited by bwringer
  • Thumbsup 3

Living North of Columbus Ohio and working downtown Columbus, for me riding to work is too much of a chore/stress just trying to stay alive. People are simply absolute distracted self absorbed imbeciles in their cars, I avoid them all like the plague.......commuting to work isn't fun or relaxing on a motorcycle. 

• Supporting Member
34 minutes ago, roy826 said:

I'm already at work when I get up.

Same situation, and I think it’s the new permanent office arrangement moving forward;  no complaints from me. 

Today is a weird convergence:  Ride to work day, while working from home, on a public holiday where I’m not working.   Guess I’ll ride to lunch instead… 

• Thumbsup 2

"Bummer, I missed out on the ride to work day because I'm retired.:) If I had realised I would have got up early and rode to my previous place of employment, parked at the gate and with a big smile on my face waved at all my ex colleagues as they arrived at work then made off on a lovely day ride. Maybe next year.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

Didn't know about the June 20 thing... but Mondays are my designated in-office days, so I took the bike. I decided to try out my new moto backpack that my gang bought me for Father's Day (Ogio No Drag Mach 1). It is super light and spacious enough for a laptop, adapters, change of clothing/shoes and lunch... 4kg total strapped to my back. The bike handled more naturally without the big/heavy 48L top case hanging off the rear.

• Thumbsup 2

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Premium Member

Rode to work yesterday and today (my employer observed the holiday on Friday instead of Monday).  Was a nice, hot, but low traffic day on Monday.  Had a great ride.  

Trying to ride to work as much as possible (tomorrow and Thursday are heat stroke warning days so no riding).  

• Thumbsup 1