Rear axle slider for 2021 Tracer 9 GT?

Hey Y'all, new Tracer 9 GT owner here. I've been looking for some protection for the new bike and it seems like there aren't too many options out there. I've decided that I'll probably get a pair of Puig frame sliders and axle sliders but am debating whether to get a pair of rear axle sliders.

It seems like the side case luggage attachment points stick out farther than the rear sliders would (in the event that side cases aren't being used) so I'm not sure if they would actually be useful in a slide. How is everyone else handling this?

Would love to hear any other recommendations on other bike protection people are using on their Tracer as well.

I have the OES frame and axle sliders. I had a low speed dump whilst doing a u-turn last year.

The frame sliders did their job, but you are correct sir, the hard case took the brunt of the rear damage. Nothing a little touch up paint didn't fix. I suggest going down with bike and let your leg absorb the damage, I've done that in the past with good results for the bike.

s792258998569979605_p936_i12_w640.jpeg

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, roadwarrior said:

I suggest going down with bike and let your leg absorb the damage, I've done that in the past with good results for the bike.

That is TERRIBLE advice.  No bike is worth sacrificing your health for. 

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

This is exactly why I have  a spiral tibial fracture.  4 - 6 months for a full recovery.  Sure wish I could have got my leg outta the way in time!  Also:  MX boots would have helped, I'm sure.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Sad 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

I lowsided my 92 Concours at 45 mph, many years ago.  Broke collarbone, but that cheap Connie pannier did a very good job protecting my leg, which was relatively unscathed save for bruises and rash.  The panniers are an important crash guard, IMO.  Nowadays, I wear better boots:

image.jpeg.7ef738e2e1f55fc1ed05e1c3fc349e25.jpeg

200k mile Sidi On Roads on the left, recently replaced by the lovely Gaernes on right.  

• Like 1