Beartooth Pass

One of my favorite rides is Cody, WY,  Chief Joseph Highway to Beartooth Pass, and Red Lodge. Have ridden that probably 10-12 times. Froze my arse a couple times. 6' drifts along the road, snow, rain, you name it. A couple of buddies have passed since we rode it. Was gonna do a remembrance ride. One guy got so cold he couldnt open his zipper at the downside restroom over the summit. We all laughed so hard, not him though. Some things a guy has to figure out on his own.This year the road opened early but then closed due to road washout from the rains that hit Yellowstone. Dang. Chief Joseph is a hoot to race through. Memories!!

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, jamespz03 said:

Sorry for your loss!

Drove that in my truck but decided on not towing up or down it. It's very beautiful country!

Thanks but those guys were a treat to tide with and we all knew it would rnd. My memories are not sad, but happy!

We left Cody about ten years ago in 70 degree weather and it started raining as we started on the Chief Joseph Hwy.  Rain coats were put on and as we continued to the Beartooth it began to sleet and then snow heavily as the temperature dropped into the high 30s.  The pavement was just wet and as we rode into Red Lodge all of our bikes had about 1” of snow on the windshields/front.  It didn’t last long as it was sunny and warm in Red Lodge.  It is a shame that area incurred such weather related damage.

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, whisperquiet said:

We left Cody about ten years ago in 70 degree weather and it started raining as we started on the Chief Joseph Hwy.  Rain coats were put on and as we continued to the Beartooth it began to sleet and then snow heavily as the temperature dropped into the high 30s.  The pavement was just wet and as we rode into Red Lodge all of our bikes had about 1” of snow on the windshields/front.  It didn’t last long as it was sunny and warm in Red Lodge.  It is a shame that that area incurred such weather related damage.

I have great memories of rides like that.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Beartooth is such an EPIC ride, literally on top of the world, and the ride into Cody is amazing as well… of course from there you continue across the Bighorn Mountains. 👍🏻

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

Been through there in a 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser. with 300,000 + miles on it. Swore I would get back on a bike. Doesn't look likely now. 

Truely God's country. Beautiful.

IMAG1768.jpg

IMAG1770.jpg

IMAG1771.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, TomTracer said:

Anybody else ridden Lolo? Nez Perce Reservation.

Yes, I live in Western Washington and have been through that area many times.  Agreed, great riding.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
On 6/25/2022 at 6:35 PM, TomTracer said:

Anybody else ridden Lolo? Nez Perce Reservation. Not many left. LEWIS & Clark expedition. Poudre canyon ride? So many great rides, so little time. Snowy Rsnge? 

I have. We will be back that way next summer. 

Let’s go Brandon