Platina Rd

maximo

If you like to ride NorCal roads, here's another one to add to the list: Platina Road. I've been by it a million times, but I've never taken it. Coming up from Chico, there's no real reason to take this road, since it leads away from the good stuff from my vantage. But I wanted a short ride to shakedown my new handlebar position, so I went on it.  Turns out to be fantastic! There are sections that follow a creekbed, other sections that hug the side of the ridge, and another section that rides the ridgeline for a while. Some sections are fast sweepers, and other parts are tight, technical corners. There are wide sweeping views, the pavement is in surprisingly good condition, and zero traffic. This is as desolate of a road as I've been on in quite some time. I give it a strong recommendation to add it to your list to mix and match with other roads  in the area. 

https://goo.gl/maps/CumhgYDszNeNVeTY7

• Thanks 1

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current