Remove Ohlins shock and sell it separately or sell as package?

I have the YA537 shock from Ohlins but will be selling the bike (bought the new 9 GT).image.png.6d7e458d7a840a987f2d9a80a8ba159a.png

Would you recommend selling it with the shock as a premium bike or take it off and sell it separately? The price is 1200 Euro new and I've done 10k km's on it.

I've had it installed but now I have a motorcycle lift so I should be able to do it myself. 

What would you do?

Edited by petshark
added info

1 minute ago, petshark said:

I have the YA537 shock from Ohlins but will be selling the bike (bought the new 9 GT).image.png.6d7e458d7a840a987f2d9a80a8ba159a.png

Would you recommend selling it with the shock as a premium bike or take it off and sell it separately?

I've had it installed but now I have a motorcycle lift so I should be able to do it myself. 

What would you do?

I would definitely pull it out and send it far away, say to Australia for maybe $300 or so. 
Hey, that’s a coincidence, I’m after one as it happens. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OZVFR said:

I would definitely pull it out and send it far away, say to Australia for maybe $300 or so. 
Hey, that’s a coincidence, I’m after one as it happens. 

Haha, I really wish I could help you but that is literally the other side of the world. Actually New Zealand is if I'm not mistaken 8)

I'd give the buyer the option... pay some amount more and get the fancy shock (include the factory shock in a box), or spend less to get the stock shock. 

When I bought my FJ-09, a fancy upgraded shock was a large factor in why I paid what I did and why I chose this particular bike.

Unfortunately, I had to send it out for service pretty quickly because the PO had screwed around with the settings so badly it barely worked. But that's a different story. Fortunately the purchase included the original shock, so I swapped it in while I was waiting.

If you just want to end up with the most money and you don't mind the minimal effort of swapping the shocks, then of course separate sale is the way to go.

Edited by bwringer
  • Thumbsup 1