You get what you pay for!

When I got my Tracer four months ago one of the things I wanted to do was get a tail tidy. I fell in with some of the comments on the forum that £100 for an aluminium/steel bracket for the indicators and number plate was a bit salty for something so simple. One member had posted a photo of his bike with the J-Tech item which uses part of the OEM bracket. I though it looked great and purchased one. Months later I'm kinda wishing I'd gotten a shorter bracket and started looking on the internet, mainly at the cheaper Chinese items. Then I saw a photo on the forum of the Evotech tail tidy, straight away I could see this was a nicely designed piece of kit. I especially liked the groove built in for the wires to run through. I immediately ordered one. Man, it's really of the highest quality. Beautifully made with lovely components like the LED light and they even supply a reflector which you can either stick on the number plate or stick to the quality bracket they supply to fasten the whole thing onto the plate. £95.00 well spent, to be quite honest I think it's pretty cheap when you look at the quality of the brackets, light as a feather, and the fittings. I love the design and thought process that went into this, they really know their stuff and that's what you pay for. It's the same attention to detail you can see in the radiator cover, which I also have on my bike. Highly recommended!

IMG_6840.jpeg

IMG_6841.jpeg

IMG_6843.jpeg

IMG_6844.jpeg

IMG_6845.jpeg

IMG_6848.jpeg

• Thumbsup 3

• Premium Member

That does look nice. I think the one I bought was from some guy in the US bending metal and spraying paint as a kind of cottage industry. The optional LED strip is not pretty but all of it has been functional and reliable for a cost between the Chinese stuff and the name brand stuff. 

• Thumbsup 1

I found the same when I was in the market for some sort of oil pan protection.

The SW Motech piece is extremely well made, but holy poopsnacks is it ridiculously expensive. All the alternatives are terrible and soft, I don't have a metal working shop, so in the end I coughed up well over $200.

• Thumbsup 6

Hi Bowlin01, I headed up North the day after I fitted it so only have these pix with the rack and luggage on at the moment. I'll take more pix ;after. Not sure if the OE panniers would be OK, I'm pretty sure my Givi Panniers will though🙂

IMG_6860.jpg

IMG_6863.jpeg

IMG_6864.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

Hi Bwringer, it's a Faco sports screen. Originally it was taller but I had to cut it down twice to get the right balance between wind noise/wind protection. I've got tinnitus and despite wearing custom made earplugs I found the noise too much. I prefer the look of the original but the shorter version is more practical. I've attached a pic of it in it's original form🙂

IMG_5048.jpeg