Adaptive cruise control coming

1moreroad

• Premium Member

I have a bike with CC. I don’t use cruise control in situations where adaptive cc would be advantageous. If that many cars are around I want to be in as much control of the bike as possible. 

• Thumbsup 4

Let’s go Brandon

• 1 month later...

I have ACC in the car and it's too annoying to use.  I suppose OK if you're travelling at less than the average speed of the traffic.  Faster and you're always accelerating or braking, or making lane changes to have the thing not kick in.  I'd never use it on a bike.... I'd actually say it's not safe to do so.  Regular cruise is better and more relaxing.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

On a motorcycle I'd be inclined to believe how we interact with/toggle ACC is going to make or break it. There's already varying opinions of buttons vs scroll wheel on motorcycle forums - including this one - and it's going to be yet another thing to fiddle with. I think it's a good feature; and I use it when available when traveling for work in rentals, but there's definitely a "I can't be bothered" aspect if it requires multiple button presses or scroll wheel selections to turn on and adjust the gap/follow distance.

Nissan's ACC is pretty damn simple to use if I remember correctly: dedicated steering wheel buttons for each function so you didn't have to navigate through menus or highlight different buttons on the dash. Never had to take hands off the wheel or eyes off the road.

• Thumbsup 1