Switched power feed for GPS

Andyfb72

Hi all! I’m a recent new member of the Niken GT owners club! Picked up a 0miles, 21 plate Niken GT in grey two weeks ago… 650miles in and I’m loving it…. ! 
I am looking to mount my gps to the bike and looking for some advice on where I can access a switched power feed to plug into. I have had the black insert off on the nose fairing and found a spare power connection, grey two barrel connector and I have purchased some spare connectors which will plug into that. Without a multimeter I am unable to check if that connector is switched or indeed live at all! Can anyone out there shed some light? Much appreciated in advance…

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, Andyfb72 said:

'I have had the black insert off on the nose fairing and found a spare power connection'

Can we see a pic of the location you mention?

• Premium Member

Here's an earlier discussion that may be helpful and a photo from above of the under dash area.  I have my GPS and my aux lights connected here.  Very convenient.  Once again, cheers to Yamaha for this feature!

fj wires.jpg

• Thanks 1

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise