INDYST

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, INDYST said:

Picking up a '22 T9GT Tuesday. I'm in Indianapolis, First Yamaha for me. Many Honda's, Suzuki's, a Harley, currently on a BMW K13GT. Hope it's as good as the reviews I've read.

Welcome. You'll soon find out that the reviews are correct. 👍👍😃

• Thumbsup 1

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

6 hours ago, INDYST said:

Picking up a '22 T9GT Tuesday. I'm in Indianapolis, First Yamaha for me. Many Honda's, Suzuki's, a Harley, currently on a BMW K13GT. Hope it's as good as the reviews I've read.

My trade was a BMW K1300GT for a 2022 Tracer

Soooo, waddaya think of the Yami?

I bet it’s not as fast as your K bike!

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

On 7/18/2022 at 6:01 PM, BarryGT said:

My trade was a BMW K1300GT for a 2022 Tracer

Still waiting to sell mine... possibly this weekend. 

Didn't pick it up Tuesday, they haven't got the side cases yet. Supposed to have been there yesterday, we'll see. Don't want to get an INCOMPLETE bike.

49 minutes ago, bowlin01 said:

"less costly to maintain.." Maybe, 24k mile service and valve check & balance just cost me £1,013

Dang, I just did it all myself. I didn't realize I saved THAT much coin.

Anyway, the OP has quite a while to go before anything more than oil and tires are needed.

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, bowlin01 said:

"less costly to maintain.." Maybe, 24k mile service and valve check & balance just cost me £1,013

To be fair, I don't think most owners pay that much.  With 70k on the clock, I have had my valves checked 3 times which included inspection, shims (only needed on 1st inspection), gaskets, spark plugs, throttle body sync and coolant flush and paid about half that amount each time.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

BMW's service costs are high. I haven't had a chance to test the bikes power since I have to keep it under 5000 rpm for it's break in. The wheelbase is shorter and the weight is less than my K1300GT. So far, I am pleased with the purchase.

On 7/18/2022 at 8:25 AM, INDYST said:

I currently still have my K bike ('07 K12GT), and the '15 FJ.  For me it's been a rough transition, but then again, the T9GT is a much better bike than the 1st year 1st Gen FJ, which had a few issues that needed sorting out. If I were to anthropomorphize my bikes, the K12GT is the CEO of a financial firm, solid, competent, and surprisingly agile for its weight. My FJ is a 15 year old ADHD boy that is wound up tight, full of energy, and in some ways unpredictable. My FJ can be a load of fun, and sometimes there's no other bike I'd want to be on; other times it tries to kill me. 

One of these days I have to try a newer Tracer, Tgoo, or T9 model. 

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current