Motorcycle Cruise Control - Niken

maximNikenGT

• Supporting Member

Saw postings from fellow members talking about an aftermarket cruise control system called Mccruise which stands for Motorcycle Cruise Controls based out of Victoria, Australia, where they're been making motorcycle cruise controls for at least 18 years. 

https://www.mccruise.com/pages/about-us

If you don't have a cruise control for your bike then this may be worth a look.  Would be interested in seeing install details of how difficult  this install is for a given bike. 

04B503C5-1AF1-4B7F-ABE7-011C3FE59937.png

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member

The Mccruise is a big step up from the friction based throttle lock from Kaoko. I had one of these on my '04 BMW R1150R and it worked well for giving my wrist a rest on long flat sections of road. 

https://kaoko.com/?s=&ymm_search=1&post_type=product&_make=Yamaha&_model=Niken&_year=2019

46DEE3D2-EE04-4646-9253-223D3B633A2F.png

Edited by maximNikenGT
Correction to misspelling

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

MC Cruise is an awesome company. I installed it on my 2019 Tracer (non-GT). Although the installation is complicated, the instructions are very clear, with great pictures and explanations. It does take time. I am pretty mechanically and electrically inclined, and it took me 4 hours total to disassemble the bike (body panels and tank removed), install the system, do initial system diagnostics, and button up. I had an issue being (I think) the first 2019 bike. Yamaha changed the ECU enough that the 2015-2017 control module from MCC is not compatible. I talked with them on the phone (they called me on their dime!), and they shipped out an updated control module that worked with my 2019 bike. 

The owners, Frank and Tony, are awesome guys, and their customer service is top-notch. I bought an '07 FJR with an MC Cruise installed, and they helped me troubleshoot an issue I was having, even though I hadn't spent a dime on their product. I was happy to spend a bit to get their product and support for the Tracer.

FYI, the MCC on a bike with modern electronics (including throttle-by-wire) is much easier to install than one without. The FJR had a vacuum canister and servo motor to control the throttle, and a magnetic speed sensor. The Tracer is all plug-n-play, with only the control unit computer to install. My buddies want cruise on their Honda VTXs, but there isn't a lot of space to stick the vacuum canister and servo on those bikes...

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member

I installed one on my 2017 FJ-09. Great printed step by step picture instructions included with product. The only thing I would say differently to draco-1967 is that I had no electrical experience before installing mine. It was very satisfying when everything worked as advertised with changing/adding pins to connectors etc. It was and education in its self, highly recommended.

See this thread...

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

I installed their unit on my FJ09:and recently acquired VFR1200X, fantastic product and product support.  👍🏻
If you can follow step by step directions like building a scale model kit, you should have no issues with their product. 

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I have never used their product, but based on reviews from others that have used it, seems to be the best.

Typically I am a believer in things support mechanically, but for some reason, I am fan of this electronically integrated cruise control versus a mechanical lock or such.