FI sync question

pmacb

I'm doing my first FI sync on my 2015 FJ09 and #3 gives me a different reading than the other two. Turning the adjustment screw on #3 doesn't seem to do anything, at least as far as the meter shows. I was able to get #1 and #2 adjusted without any problems. Any suggestions?

20220814_143357.thumb.jpg.7710d03fe49cedebab965a0d453ad309.jpg

Yup, the first thing was to swap #3 for the unused #4 hose.  No change.  I've played with the bike some more and I can get #2 and #3 to sync at #3's higher level, but no changes to #1 are reflected in the meter. Some kind of air leak associated with #3? 

7 minutes ago, kilo3 said:

Naturally you've swapped ports to see if it's the tool/connecting hose?

Success!  After I replied I realized that there was more than one way to answer that question, so I swapped the #1 and #3 hoses/ports and suddenly I could get #3 to adjust.  I've got it pretty well balanced now, so I'm going to quit while I'm ahead and get the bodywork back on.  Thanks for asking the right question.  Sometimes that's all you really need.

• Thumbsup 2

Which one is the one with the white paint?  Have you gone to the alternate method in the manual?

Alternate method is described in this thread as well as in the manual:

I'm about to go sync mine.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

1 of the 3 TB vacuum ports should have a white dot next to it signifying it is the "master" port to be matched by the other 2.

I don't know why #3 (I'd guess you have this hose connected to #3 but I normally connect them sequentially left to right with #1 on the left) is not changing as you turn it's screw (needle jet); is its air-flow restrictor (damper) orifice clogged or a different size than the other 2, or visa-versa? https://www.carbtune.com/inst.html

Try adjusting 1 & 2 to #3 and call it a day.  It does not matter how many cmHg they are as long as they're all EQ.

20220305_130444.jpg

20220305_134134.jpg

20220305_140852.jpg

20220305_154318.jpg

I've got it sorted out (see above).  It might be some quirkiness from a brand new meter or more likely operator error.  In any event, I'm declaring victory and getting her redressed before anything else happens.

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

Sync'd mine this morning.  Took a bit to get everything working.  Wound up recalibrating the meter.  #2 was a bit low at idle and a bit hight at 4,000RPM.  I adjusted it more towards 4,000 RPM.  My reference (white paint) is #3 - right side.  I've been working on the bike for several days and am so ready to be done with it and set off on my trip.

• Thumbsup 3

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, PhotoAl said:

I've been working on the bike for several days and am so ready to be done with it and set off on my trip.

I know that feeling all to well. 

• Thumbsup 1

Let’s go Brandon