West coast meet?

Hi group, was wondering if there was/is a Western region meetup or thing as such?

Not exactly sure what the details would be. But I am interested to see if anyone wants a reason to get out the house for a weekend trip with/without the significant other.

I have attended a few of these types of meet ups (Ducati and Honda forums) and always had a great time meeting forum members in person. However, the meets I attended were always local, never had to travel more than an hour or so.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to reply!

There was something in Oregon, last ride of the year or some such. West coast, but far from San Diego!

I could be game. Certainly still planning to reach out when my weekends clear. Maybe next weekend we can meet at Josie's Hideaway.

I should get my bike in the next couple of days so I will be ready for some rides. I'm down for local rides and then doing an overnight trip. I've always wanted to do the Monterrey loop but I need to get some endurance as my butt is not meant/ready for longs days in the saddle.

• Thumbsup 1

On 8/20/2022 at 11:37 PM, wanderer said:

There was something in Oregon, last ride of the year or some such. West coast, but far from San Diego!

I could be game. Certainly still planning to reach out when my weekends clear. Maybe next weekend we can meet at Josie's Hideaway.

29 minutes ago, jamespz03 said:

I should get my bike in the next couple of days so I will be ready for some rides. I'm down for local rides and then doing an overnight trip. I've always wanted to do the Monterrey loop but I need to get some endurance as my butt is not meant/ready for longs days in the saddle.

Sounds good to me! I did a 120 mile ride from Temecula to Escondido, through Lilac Rad to Pala, up to Palomar, back down to Escondido and then home to Temecula. Still need to adjust suspension and find the right tire pressure. 

I'm with you James, I need a few more rides before I commit to anything over 200 miles. I found this seat online but I hear mix reviews with Corbin: https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mpo/d/upland-yamaha-fj09-tracer-corbin-seat/7500759553.html

• Thumbsup 1

I think as @wanderer pointed out, the west coast is fairly large and to account for everyone that could reasonably fit the definition would be a hassle. A weekend meetup makes sense but some may need to bookend the weekend with days off to account for travel still. Throw something at the calendar with a few that say yes and then let it grow year over year.

• Thumbsup 2

Well, the West Coast meet I brought up initially would be something yearly. From all the forums I have been on (600rr.net, TacomaWorld.com, FordRaptorForum.com, bimmerpost.com), there's usually a yearly meet. Whether it's close or not, it would be a great way to for some of us to get out and stretch our legs on longer rides and meet forum members that live in the region.

As for weekly meets, we have a San Diego thread that would work for us down here in Southern California.