Does your screen wobble from side to side a lot ???

Ferrett847

Evening all I've ment to ask this question ages ago ,do any of you notice your screens wobble from side to side a lot .I have the puig touring screen fitted and I've really noticed it shakes a lot .I can't seem to find a reason for it .I've just fitted new tyres wheels balanced professionally and it actually appears worse on the new rubber .There's a no real vibes coming through the bars etc .

• 3 weeks later...

My Niken was perfect up until the moment new front tires were installed. Wobble ever since. Had the bike to two shops trying to resolve it. Bike is actually in the shop right now trying to stop the Wobble. I've seen multiple people complain about the Wobble and I've not seen anyone resolve it yet.  I suspect that the toe-in adjustment may need recalibration. Trying that currently. The long, really long shot is valve stems.  In reading the manual,  T412 "short" stems are specified. I know the valve stems pass very close to the brake caliper. When my front tires were replaced,  the shop installed new long valve stems. I wonder if maybe the long valve stems aren't whiffing by the caliper inducing the wobble.  Like I said,  it's a long shot. I'll post a fix if I get one.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rjknupp said:

My Niken was perfect up until the moment new front tires were installed. Wobble ever since. Had the bike to two shops trying to resolve it. Bike is actually in the shop right now trying to stop the Wobble. I've seen multiple people complain about the Wobble and I've not seen anyone resolve it yet.  I suspect that the toe-in adjustment may need recalibration. Trying that currently. The long, really long shot is valve stems.  In reading the manual,  T412 "short" stems are specified. I know the valve stems pass very close to the brake caliper. When my front tires were replaced,  the shop installed new long valve stems. I wonder if maybe the long valve stems aren't whiffing by the caliper inducing the wobble.  Like I said,  it's a long shot. I'll post a fix if I get one.

Very interesting. I like your valve stem theory a lot, could be the culprit and it’s an easy swap to see if it makes a difference. 

Did you have the same OEM tires installed?perhaps Yamaha installed those for a reason and they are special for the Niken?

Did they somehow swap rims, and put the LH side on the right and vice versa?

-Skip