• Supporting Member

Stumbled across this photo in the Swiss Niken Facebook group of a Niken owner who managed to add a tow hitch and small trailer to their Niken. 

First time I'm seeing a Niken with a tow hitch. 

niken_trailer.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member

I would be afraid how easy it would be to have my trailer stolen when unhitched from my bike. 😳

2019 Niken GT

• Premium Member

I built a one-wheeled trailer that I have pulled with my ST1100. It is light enough that I could pull it with the FJ, if needed. Would probably modify it to a "through-axle" type of hitch. It is no wider than the bike, so one doesn't have to change how you ride much, and it will lean as far over as I've been comfortable with. Stable at triple-digit speeds!

I also have a Mini Mate pop-up camper that I pull with the ST. No way would I hitch it to my FJ (or Niken) It would push you around too much!

IMG_1003~2.JPG

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
34 minutes ago, sirepair said:

I built a one-wheeled trailer that I have pulled with my ST1100. It is light enough that I could pull it with the FJ, if needed. Would probably modify it to a "through-axle" type of hitch. It is no wider than the bike, so one doesn't have to change how you ride much, and it will lean as far over as I've been comfortable with. Stable at triple-digit speeds!

I also have a Mini Mate pop-up camper that I pull with the ST. No way would I hitch it to my FJ (or Niken) It would push you around too much!

IMG_1003~2.JPG

Just curious - under what use case scenarios do you find the need to add a trailer to your bike? Is it driven by camping?

2019 Niken GT

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, maximNikenGT said:

Just curious - under what use case scenarios do you find the need to add a trailer to your bike? Is it driven by camping?

Yes, Camping while riding 2 up. Can also be handy for a run to the store.

• Thumbsup 1

• 5 months later...