Thinking I'm going to move on from the tracer.

Loved my 2003 VFR and put 45,000 miles on it before selling it to a friend.  Sweetest exhaust note of any bike ever with the Staintune exhaust.  Had it tuned so the VTEC was not an issue any longer.  The engine was turbine smooth when cruising, but gutless below 6000 rpm.  Replaced it with a Ninja 1000 which I found to be a much better sport tourer.  More comfortable and way more power everywhere, especially in the low and midrange.

I still have the Ninja 1000 with over 40,000 miles and now have 21,000 on my 2019 Tracer 900 GT.  The Tracer is lighter and more comfortable than the Ninja, which leans a little more on the sport side of the equation than the Tracer.

IMG_0662.JPG

Edited by johnmark101
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Supporting Member
On 9/16/2022 at 6:29 PM, miweber929 said:

Thing is I bought neglected ‘93 VFR750 a couple years later and it handled great and was fun, like the VFR’s I remembered. Weird.

There was something really special about that generation of VFR.  As I recall, ‘93 was the refrigerator white one that ended the ‘90 - ‘93 series.  I had a 1992 VFR750, and absolutely loved it.  They got a bit of grief for being heavier and less sport-focused than the VFRs that came before & after, but it was a fantastic bike to live with day-to-day.   Mine met it’s untimely demise via a deer strike in the Texas Hill Country, and I was sad to see it go.  

• Thumbsup 1
  • Sad 1