21 Tracer 9GT Seat

A shout out and thumbs up to Steve Going who reupholstered and modified my OEM seat.  I originally was waiting for Russell day long to schedule me, but Steve had the time and was less expensive.  Seat is one inch higher, which helps my 36 inch inseam, flatter- no more sliding into the tank, wider, and so much more comfortable.  I took my bike for a 30 minute ride and noticed right away that I found the solution to the horrible OEM seat.  Steve is a one man outfit, will text and call you about your exact needs, plus he's a super nice guy.  Check out his website.  

stevegowing.com

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

Edited by Korak
  • Thumbsup 5

• 1 month later...

As with many of you Tracer 9 GT owners, I found the stock seat pretty unacceptable as-is. Especially the angle. So just to see if it was the main problem, I raised the front of the stock seat, already in the higher position, by another inch or so. And it made a huge difference. Still not the plushest seat, but now I can ride it for a few hours without discomfort.

Here's photos of my mod. I put the tongue at the front of the seat ON TOP OF the existing bracket (with the two slots), cutting away a little of the plastic piece in that area, and supported it in that position with two round plastic pieces I had lying around (I tend to hang on to this stuff!), secured to the existing plastic frame with superglue and screws. Very secure despite repositioning the front support. It does require some pressure down on the seat to release it with the key, and also to get it to latch. But this is a cheap (free even!) way to test out a more level riding position.

Tracer seat 1.jpg

Tracer seat 2.jpg

Edited by claytonia

I tried the same thing you did to your seat but still had the tendency to slide forward.  Steve fixed all that, no sliding forward, seat is taller for my long legs and is much more comfortable.  Steve can put any color stitching that you desire.

• Thumbsup 1