Texas Tracer owner

Calscrazy

Good morning all!! My name is Chris.  Picked up a used 2020 Tracer Gt with 2k on it saturday.   I live south of DFW in Texas.  Buddies and I do 2-3 trips a year.  Have done an Iron Butt and Grand Tour of Texas. Previous bikes in order without showing too much of my age 92 Katana, 95 Duc 900 SSCR (died at a trackday) 06 Monster (died on street month before trackday) 11 FZ8, 13 Versys, and 16 FJR.  Bike has some goodies on it already but it does need some changes to better fit me.  Have any questions for me just ask and I will answer best I can.  

• Thumbsup 4

• Supporting Member

Welcome!   Congrats on the new Tracer; I'm sure you're going to love it.   I'm in Houston, and we have several other members scattered across the state.  

After racing with the CMRA, I instructed with Lone Star for several years...  I'm hoping your Ducati didn't meet its demise at one of our events.  😲

Welcome and good choice on the bike.  I have a 202 Tracer 900 GT with almost 26,000 miles on it - I've had it 2 years and a week.  Love the bike, great balance of fun and sporty tourer.  Didn't like the OEM tires so switched to Road 5s at 4,000 miles.  Some feel the suspension is not that great but to me it works OK.  It is soft enough for riding long distances and running down undulating road surfaces without beating me up yet still firm enough for some spirited riding.  Mine has seen all kinds of weather except snow and ice with no issues at all.

Things I've done to it:

Replaced windscreen, OEM tires

Added a small Yamaha top case - mostly for storage of rain gear and helmet and on long trips that stuff that always gets left out and need a last minute place to go.  Added an LED brake light on the back of the top case.  Replaced turn signals with LEDs that in front are white when not blinking and in the back also double as brake and marker lights.

Replaced the OEM chain at 11,000 miles due to stiff links and was about to set out on a 6,500 mile trip.  Replacement DID X-ring has 16,000 miles on it.

Added a skid plate for the road construction that is ever-present in the western US during the summer.

Added a ScottOiler for improved chain life - great on long trips but not doesn't work that great on short rides.

A great mid sized sport touring bike.

Had to throw the pic in.  Its a frame grab from my GoPro Max that is a 360 camera.  The left and right edges are the same spot.  A couple of weeks ago going south from Glacier.  5 miles of road construction!  This was the nice surface, it ranged from loose gravel to not well packed dirt.  As I'm riding by the huge dump truck an excavator was dumping a bucket into it.  Fortunately nothing rained down on me.  Rode to Helena MT that day with a high of 97 or 98.  No clouds in the sky!

Construction.jpg

• Thumbsup 1