Tennessee River Run

1moreroad

• Premium Member

A friend and I have been meeting to ride near Lake Pickwick over the last ~ 2 years.  I've got a JPEG of a possible Pickwick Loop below.

I suspected that there were some more good routes farther north, and I think I found one that hits many of the roads.  There are still more twisty roads over by Hohenwald, too.  A map of most of the route we took is in a JPEG below.

We met in Waynesboro after I rode over from North Mississippi and my buddy came down from Nashville.  First stop was the Waverly, TN Wall Art Park - graffiti art that stays up several months before being painted over.  From there we followed the TN River north to route 232 due south of Land Between the Lakes.  We saw 3 sport bikers in full leathers hanging out on one end of the road making passes.  It's corner after constant radius corner for miles.  Pavement was very good.

From there we went into the Land Between the Lakes, but we went in the west entrance at Fort Henry and crossed over to Energy Lake.  Along the way we saw a Boss Hoss group ride.  The trike trunks had unique designs including one that looked like a 57 Chevy.  I only got my camera out in time to catch the last moto at an old iron furnace.  The area is filled with these.

For lunch we tried to eat at Patti's in Grand Rivers, but enjoyed Lindon's across the street instead.  Good service, no wait, decent food.

From there we headed to the Super Museum in Metropolis, IL.  ~ 30 years ago, a Super Man enthusiast licensed the rights from DC to create the museum.  It has a mix of toys and collectibles and props, mostly from the original George Reeves TV show.  They did have a Christopher Reeves costume.  From Metropolis, we rode over to Cave in Rock to catch a ferry across the OH river back to KY.

Back in KY and into TN we rode just east of the Land Between the Lakes and found more good roads before finishing in Erin, TN.

Today we finished the route, taking another ferry across the TN river and onwards home.  Made a quick stop in Selmer to take a few photos of Rockabilly murals along the way.  Then home with about 940 miles for the ride and a quick bike and chain wash.

Pickwick Loop.jpg

TN River Run.jpg

0917220935_HDR~2.jpg

0917221142b~2.jpg

0917221141_HDR~2.jpg

0917221421b.jpg

0917221450_HDR.jpg

0917221637~2.jpg

0918220908a_HDR~2.jpg

0918221337~2.jpg

0918221341a_HDR~2.jpg

0918221553_HDR~2.jpg