Mode "B"

• Supporting Member

I must admit that slipping into 'A' mode definitely transforms the machine into a wild beast.

Helps that it has been flashed, I guess.

Feels like an electric bike all of a sudden.  Crack the throttle and as Mario would say, "let's a go!"

Can be very exhilarating for an old(er) geezer like me and I must admit I do like the way I can just pull away from my HD riding buddies in a blink.  I only do it to get away from that infernal racket that they make. 🤣

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll take it out of A mode in the winter when I'm wearing bulky gloves. Catch that throttle by accident in a parking lot maneuver and you'll do the same. In snow as well, not that I intentionally ride in snow, but it happens. Otherwise A mode it is. 

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

I ride in STD mode.  A mode is nice but just too jerky at small throttle openings.  Usually set it one way and don't bother changing it until something bugs me and then I'll try something else.  

A mode seems to work better at higher rpms with a little momentum to reduce throttle jerkiness. Like running a fun road in 3rd at 60 or 70 mph. 

• Supporting Member

I gave in to the peer pressure 😁 and switched to A mode ( or Mode 1 on the Niken ) and it was more fun, even though I had a couple of jerky throttle applications. I think having the bike in B ( Mode 2 on the Niken ) for the first 2500 miles allowed me to get more comfortable without the jerky throttle response distraction. I will probably switch back to B for rain and passenger carrying etc.

• Premium Member

I ride A mode almost 100% of the time. I did have my bike flashed by 2WDynoworks in Seattle, so I think my A mode is a bit different than stock right now. If I remember correctly, they smoothed out the A mode a bit, but it still is a bit of a hooligan when I get on the throttle......

• Like 1

I use B Mode when it's raining...

And since I almost never ride when it rains...

It might be controversial, but I never really tried A Mode!

I ride STD Mode all the time and that's enough for me so far.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
On 9/27/2022 at 4:21 PM, Xstoff said:

I use B Mode when it's raining...

And since I almost never ride when it rains...

It might be controversial, but I never really tried A Mode!

I ride STD Mode all the time and that's enough for me so far.

Nothing controversial about that at all, everyone decides for themselves how they want to ride, and in what mode. There are no right choices, just the best choice for you!

• Thumbsup 3

On 10/3/2022 at 7:00 AM, Ride365 said:

Booster plug for me all but got rid of the abrupt throttle response and on/off transition, might be worth looking into for some of ya.

Yeah, the booster plug REALLY improves the low speed/low rpm throttle response, and is imho necessary if you're not getting a flash.  

Personally, I use B in actual snow and that is it.  Every now and then I'll accidentally knock it into B however then think OMG MY BIKE IS BROKEN.

Aside from snow, and mishaps, though, it's in A mode all the time.  Rain doesn't matter, the Road 6's allow wheelies in the rain without tire slipping, so they're fine for rational riding.

• Thumbsup 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had that happen yesterday. The bike just felt like it didn't want to go. I'm thinking, ah, man, what's gone wrong with this thing? Then I look down and realize I have somehow inadvertently switched into B mode. Big difference between A and B. 

For me its always B mode. I tried both A and B in the beginning and there really was not much of a difference (to me) between the two. I can still get the front wheel up in B.

I think that between the two it only "tames" a little bit the first 30% of throttle response. Once you get up there its the same anyway.

I'm used to twitchy throttles anyway so its just meh.. and never went back to A after riding for a while

Most of my riding is either highway or parking lot speeds (3 MPH indicated at times) traffic craw.. It just works I guess.

Edited by Eventhorizon

I always use B mode for pillion riding. My wife is not out set any land speed records when riding double up. B mode smooths out the ride and makes for a more enjoyable experience for her.

A mode is all for me 🙃

Edited by roadwarrior
  • Thumbsup 1